Some information about development and coming release...

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Some information about development and coming release...

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hi,

I know there is a lot of rumor in the forum regarding development and when new release is coming and which new or improved features will be included. First let me say: development is going on and has never been stopped. But I really do not want to release a version that I'm not happy with. There are a lot of points which needs a review. And this costs time. So development is in progress – sometimes not the fastest because I have to earn money too by realizing commercial projects. Often these projects are phpwcms’ related – so development goes hand in hand doing such projects.

Many of you are asking for more detailed information. Sorry – I’m not able or willing to give any point into open discussion. There is a German saying: “Zuviele Köche verderben den Brei” (Too many cooks spoil the broth.). So this is the main reason for being a bit silent. I have a master plan in my mind – not more.

One word to those posts: @OG – I’m not able to visit the forum very often. Based on that fact – stop this. It makes no sense because you will get no answer – normally. If you have detailed questions send me an email. You will get an answer.

By releasing the new version of phpwcms – which is near without being able to say more – support will be changed and a new project site will be opened.

Here are the main improved features you will see in one of the coming release:
  • Permissions for backend and frontend
  • Better article listing
  • Custom data handling
  • News
  • Calendar
  • Blog
  • Media Gallery
  • Centralized settings handling
  • Easier installation and optimized upgrading
  • More flexibility for templates
  • Tags
  • Lot of additional features
That’s all for the moment!

Your support using PayPal is still welcome.

Regards
Oliver
Last edited by Oliver Georgi on Tue 30. Oct 2007, 05:16, edited 2 times in total.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

phpwcms v1.3.2

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hello friends

I thought I can release 1.3.2 today - but again a small delay. Sorry for that. The release is ready - but I got PDF export feature yesterday and would implement this too. I have started doing so - but had another idea this morning: new content part "images" - but template driven including rich text editor. This is pretty cool and will save a lot of work (including lightbox). You can now have multiple different templates for such image lists - fully CSS styled.

I guess new version of phpwcms will be released tomorrow.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон