Content Parts and templates

post everything related to phpwcms templates here
Vargas

Content Parts and templates

Post by Vargas »

Hello all,

I was wondering, would it be possible for someone to post an overview of which content part uses wich template and where to find it ?
I see people asking on a regular basis where to change settings in contentparts and i myself need to search frequently to find the right
template for a content part.

An overview or list would make life so much easier. I tried to locate some of them but allthoug i changed settings i could not find all of them
because nothing changed .... It took me month to learn that Images CP does not have a template at all :)
flip-flop

Re: Content Parts and templates

Post by flip-flop »

Hi Vargas,

all available cp- and article templates you will find in /template/inc_cntpart/* (Only examples, please make your own template with an new name and bind it at cp/article to your content).
if there is no correspondig folder to a cp, no template ist available.

All basic (default) templates you will find in /template/inc_default/*. (If there is no example in /template/inc_cntpart/* please create your own one based on the default template).
I was wondering, would it be possible for someone to post an overview of which content part uses wich template and where to find it ?
It is very easy stuff, please do it for all.

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Vargas

Post by Vargas »

Hi Knut, thanx for the answer.
Actually i allready knew the locations of the different CP/Templates.
I was refering to a general list, some kind of look-up list.

Let me use the CP "Text w/image" as an example.
Obviously there is no Template for that (or i did not found it).
So the question of most people starting with PHPwcsm is, how do i create a template for that
and how do i bind it to that contenpart ?

Maybe this is something for the docu ?

If i have some free time i will start making that list for as far as i can identify the CP/Templates.
"I have a rude thought every 5 seconds. Thank God i'm a slow typer"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

if there is no folder for a cp, there is no technical possibility for a template.

If no folder is present for a CP, there is no possibility to generate a template.

Text w/image was one of the CPs without a template. (A very simple one is available since v1.4.2 r336-> http://code.google.com/p/phpwcms/source/list)

Some hints you will find here: http://www.phpwcms-howto.de/wiki/doku.p ... /templates

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )