Ich weiß was, Herr Lehrer... | SVN-Secrets...

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Ich weiß was, Herr Lehrer... | SVN-Secrets...

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Es wird immer schwer sein, es allen Recht zu machen. Und vieles würde ich so nicht noch einmal machen. Nur es gibt keinen "unsteinigen" Weg weg von der jetzigen Basis.

And we all always watching for better solutions. Me too.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
update

Post by update »

Oliver Georgi wrote:And we all always watching for better solutions. Me too.
This sounds interestingly - may we have a look through the ocular lenses of your observatory telescope to get some hazy shade of a glimpse (as far as phpwcms in concerned) of the road we are driving on? ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Surprise, Surprise - I feel I will have a bit more time in the next weeks. All urgent projects are done. So I will concentrate on phpwcms more next week.

At first the long awaited new project site will go live to show the potential of phpwcms. I will not start a "real" documentation - you will find several tutorial there - I will present solutions. The problem with bad feelings here in the forum is that I had no time to follow most of the threads in the last months. So users feel to be let alone.

But if you check - phpwcms has a lot of potential - most users are not creative enough to see these because of missing documentation - and yes multiple things missing - I know that too.

I really wish somebody would start the Wiki on Google Code - that would be a good place to hold all technical stuff.

Oliver
update

Post by update »

Oliver Georgi wrote:phpwcms has a lot of potential
We know that, despite the fact that most of us are (yet) still not able to grab out everything that's inside the bag ;)

Now that you've done one step right now - do the next and put some butter upon the fish (Butter bei die Fische)
You know your own list so there is no need to repeat thet, but
- chance to have a user / group /editor feature (in %)
- dito for (automated) news, blog etc (in %)
(this time no time frame but some chance frame ;) )

You know by yourself, that without any such information the chance to get some people at a wiki is infinitesimally small, because nobody wants to disguise as Don Quichotte ;)

Last (but not least and not lastly at all): start taking advantage of the capabilities of some of the people here around acting in a well-meaning manner (still)
Again only 1 Cent ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
360fusion

Post by 360fusion »

Phpwcms not only has potential but already delivers.

There a still a lot of people who are hanging in and are fully behind this CMS. But without a robust user management system it's hard to create sites for everyone with this one system.

The community needs more clarity on what is going on. We need an active head developer that keeps us up to date on what is coming and what is planned. the new google code and the svn lets the community track changes easily. Great... But...

Where is this system going in the future?
Will there ever be a user/groups management system?
Is such a system possible on this cms?

I would happily help with the wiki but until now didn't know how to add pages. After just reading some documentation an admin needs to add peoples Google account email address to let them join the project. Then they can add pages to the wiki.
update

Post by update »

HEY - you did copy my wordings (meaning of my wordings) :mrgreen:
(but better double than none at all ;) )
pepe

Post by pepe »

Oliver Georgi wrote:...
I will not start a "real" documentation - you will find several tutorial there - I will present solutions. The problem with bad feelings here in the forum is that I had no time to follow most of the threads in the last months. So users feel to be let alone.
Die Möglichkeiten zu "sehen" innerhalb einer funktionierenden Site, ja das wäre für die meisten -wenn nicht alle user- äußerst hilfreich!
Nur wenn man die CPs in ihrer Funktion sieht, dann kann man entscheiden, ob das verwende Feature "was für die eigene Site wäre" :-)

Ideal wäre dann natürlich, wenn man erkennen könnte, welches Modul oder RT denn auf der einzelnen Seite Verwendung findet..
ggf. ließe sich das ja in einer Seitenspalte angebe, oder - um das layout nicht zu veschandeln - auf einer extra Seite, in der die jeweiligen Elemente zusammengefasst sind.
Nur so eine Idee, die sich vieleicht ohne riesigen Mehraufwand realisieren ließe und die vielen Usern bei der Auswahl Ihres CMS helfen würde!

Hilfreich sind auch immer die kleinen Hinweise in der log-Datei gewesen. Genau wie auf der google-Seite ja auch zu finden.
Mit etwas Überlegung läßt sich da zumindest "so Einiges vermuten" und läd zum Experimentieren ein...

PS
Eine phpwcms Projektsite... mit perfektem, zeitgemäßem Erscheinungsbild ggf. auch mehrsprachig - würde die Ernsthaftigkeit und Professionalität von phpwcms sicher sehr demonstrieren und unterstreichen.
Du hast doch eine perfekte Designerin in "der Familie", wieso also nicht für eigene PR "nutzen"???

Produkte - auch OS - "verkaufen" sich nur - und NUR - wenn die PR stimmt. Das sollte sich doch mit ein paar Tagen Arbeit umsetzen lassen.
Die Zeit ist garantiert gut angelegt.

Auch mit der Versionsnummer solltest du mal "ein Zeichen setzen" !!!
Das ändert zwar nichts am Inhalt... aber in der heutigen Zeit ist eine 1.3.4.x.x nichts Wert, da müssen schon Zahlen vor dem Komma stehen!
Und dann muß erstmal eine angemessene Weile Ruhe herrschen...

Das Script ist schon klasse, das wissen Alle hier, nur die "Planbarkeit ist gleich NULL"...
Und da verschwinden auch beim treuesten User irgendwann mal alle Hoffnungen.

Daran was zu ändern, das sollte doch möglich sein..... ohne viel Aufwand....
Und dann gibt es auch wieder zu 100% fröhliche Gesichter hier in UNSEREM Forum und wir singen wieder gemeinsam: "We shall overcome...." :D :D :D
pico

Post by pico »

Ok - as I see there are also English People watching this I will give it in a short Translation to you

Hi Poeple - I haven't post here for a long Time - and this is maybe one of the Last ones here :cry:
I have lost all faith and hope, the new
Die r213 is die stabilste Version, die es je gab!

mhh - nothing Important has happens there - or I can't see it :?:

I had to build a new Site for me where I need some of the promised and still not realized Features. So, I tested some other CMS and found another System where all my wishes are inside (almost ;) )
It's not easy to leave a System after 4 Years and learn to work with a new one. But I haven't the Time anymore to do all the Hacks I need again and again with every new Release of the Script.

I had a lot of Fun and got some good Contacts in this Community, but I also see that nothing Important happens here for the last Months - still some 'old' Guys are talking here - and between the Lines it looks to me, that most of them are also frustrated. :cry:

I will come back sometimes and take a look - maybe a Wonder happens - but for now I will spend my Time and Knowledge to others where they fall rather on fruitful ground and are not unwanted from the developer (team).

Heads up - we will see us - somewhere

-- end of Translation -----------------

So - nachdem ich jetzt einige PM's erhalten habe - mit der Frage nach dem warum und wo und überhaupt, schreibe ich es hier doch Öffentlich
After I got some PM's with the Question about what, where and so on - I will post it here in Public

--
Ich hab ja schon vor einiger Zeit schon mal mit TYPOlight 'rumgespielt' und dort spioniert :lol: aber die Gewohnheit und der Anspruch an PHP5 auf dem Server - das hat sich aber inzwischen relativiert - hatte mich dann doch wieder davon abgebracht und ich habe an und mit meiner XT-Version weitergebastelt.

Da ich im Januar meinen Job verloren habe (die Firma hat dicht gemacht) und ich mich dann kurzerhand in die Selbstständigkeit
gestürzt habe, fehlte mir nun erst recht die Zeit an phpwcms weiter zu arbeiten, also hatte ich versucht mit der Original-Version meine Webseite damit zu machen, aber das will mir alles nicht so recht gefallen, da vieles was ich gerne hätte - ob ich das nun wirklich brauche sei mal dahin gestellt - einfach immer noch nicht funktioniert bzw. noch gar nicht angefangen wurde.
Also hab ich mal wieder alle möglichen System gesaugt, installiert und angeschaut - auch so ein bisschen wie da die Entwicklung in der letzten Zeit voran gekommen ist - und bin dann bei TYPOlight gelandet - bin wohl nicht der einzige dem es so ging/geht, denn dort im Forum lese ich viele bekannte Namen.
Was mich dazu bewegt hat, sind
1. die doch sehr ähnliche Denk- und Arbeitsweise des Systems
2. ich vieles relativ schnell und komplikationslos umsetzen konnte
3. das System anscheinend recht stabil läuft
4. es wird sichtbar und aktiv daran gearbeitet
5. die Kommunikation mit dem Entwickler findet auf einer ganz anderen, positven Ebene statt - da hat man nicht dauernd das Gefühl 'der größte Trottel im Universum zu sein' und Ideen, Kritiken etc. werden gerne gesehen und wenn es machbar ist, auch sehr schnell in die Tat umgesetzt - da macht das Entwickeln direkt wieder Spaß, nur schade dass ich dazu im Moment soo wenig Zeit habe.
Der Code ist im Vergleich zu phpwcms erheblich übersichtlicher und auch im Umfang deutlich geringer.

-- english
Long Time ago, I played a little around with TYPOlight and spy a little in the Functions and Code :lol: But by habit and the need for PHP5 on Server - this is not a Theme anymore - has hold me away and so I'm still worked on my 'XT-Version'

In January I lost ma Job (Company closed) and so I started up with my own Company. But now there is no Time to work on phpwcms-XT anymore, I tried to build my new Website with the Original Phpwcms-Version, but many Things I need - or I want to have - are still not working or realized or started.

So I started with some investigations again and tested some other CMS - also took a look 'behind' the Doors to see how Development has worked the past Time.
I ended up with TYPYlight again - and when I take a look into the Members, seems that I'm not the first one :shock:

the Reasons for are
1. simliar Concept and Thinking in the System
2. was able to realize almost everything I wanted in short Time
3. System seems to run stable
4. Development is visible and still in Process
5. the Communication with the Developer is much more positive
The Code is much more structured and smaller

so - das war's so grob ;), ich werde sicher hin und wieder mal hier vorbeischauen - nur aus Neugier :mrgreen:

gruß aus Maintal
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
360fusion

Post by 360fusion »

claus wrote:HEY - you did copy my wordings (meaning of my wordings) :mrgreen:
(but better double than none at all ;) )
They say great minds think alike :D
nuserXP

Post by nuserXP »

Oliver Georgi wrote:At first the long awaited new project site will go live to show the potential of phpwcms.
This is good news and from official site. The community had numerous discussions on that topic, but I'd say this is the way to go.
Oliver Georgi wrote:But if you check - phpwcms has a lot of potential - most users are not creative enough to see these because of missing documentation - and yes multiple things missing - I know that too.
To be honest with you: I don't want to be creative in the way to find out what the system can do by reading its code! That makes life unncessarily complicated. I agree that phpwcms has a lot of potential, no question about that, but it's hard to get into the matter and get things the way you need and want it.
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

apart from these (technical) gaps/lacks
this forum offers the widest range of topics :wink: :lol: 8)

[x]
Last edited by Jensensen on Fri 19. Sep 2008, 22:09, edited 6 times in total.
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I think we can also welcome Pappnase again.

As I told - new things are coming, big things here are done - and after project site is live - really - no excuse - user/permissions is finished too. It's not the question of the cms - time time time in relation to (sorry and fuck) profit.

Ask Fulvio or Stefan or Nekket or Peri and some others - I have done a lot to meet their needs. But just ask like they do!

I am not able to follow all threads in the forum (sorry to repeat myself).

And to come back to shared development - as I said multiple times: first some milestones had to be done - then this will make sense.

Some other separate projects could be done by someone of the community - like the install and upgrade routine.

Oliver
lindesbs

Post by lindesbs »

But is it possible for you to change some small things for better module development ?

For my language module is is necessary to masquerade the database access strings. You have already a function called _dbQuery, but often you use mysql_query. It is for me simplier, when you use just _dbQuery. Than i must not use my regex patch script.
Its just a hint. Clean a little bit your code...
kein Signatur mehr
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

we'd need some automatic "upgrade routine"

server saugt/receives from "dev central"
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

lindesbs wrote:But is it possible for you to change some small things for better module development ?

For my language module is is necessary to masquerade the database access strings. You have already a function called _dbQuery, but often you use mysql_query. It is for me simplier, when you use just _dbQuery. Than i must not use my regex patch script.
Its just a hint. Clean a little bit your code...
Lets move such discussion to another thread or better open an issue at Google Code. All new code uses my DB wrapper functions.

Oliver