Alternate Editors WYSIWYG?

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
corduroy

Alternate Editors WYSIWYG?

Post by corduroy »

I was wondering if anyone knew of any modules to install for other WYSIWYG editors. We are trying to use the FckEditor but having horrible issues with the image portion so I'm looking into other solutions. It seems like this editor is just broken in 1.3 or something. It's not moving the uploaded image to the proper directory.
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

check your --> admin --> user profile and try
SPAW instead

perhaps it suits you more

greetz
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
corduroy

SPEW doesn't work

Post by corduroy »

I've already tried SPEW and SPEW 2 and neither work whatsoever. It is looking in the wrong place for the content and keeps failing when I try
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

there are many people working with fckeditor with no problems.
check installation, paths, file permissions, config and so on.

you can upload images, too, and place them wherever you want.

it's somehow the usual office/word style.

greetz
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
corduroy

Post by corduroy »

I posted this in the support forum but haven't heard back. Both I and my server admin are stumped:

Hey I'm having a heck of a time getting the Fckeditor to let me upload and use photos in the WYSIWYG

When I upload the photo through the interface is tells me it has been uploaded, but the file isn't there. I also tried creating a directory (image) after /picture/upload but still no luck. All my permissions are correct (we've checked several times.

While the image should be moved with move_uploaded_file to /users/username/wcsm/picture/upload

instead its trying to move to /user/~username/wcms/picture/upload, which isn't the same. We can't find where this is set to change it so its moving to the correct spot.

I'd also like to add that our server is rather secure. We cannot use 777 due to security issues. 770 seems to work for everything just fine. It's not a permissions problem, but a setting for where to move the images to that we cannot find.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

The PHPWCMS_ROOT variable is used as a base for relative addressing:

"/include/inc_ext/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/php/config.php"

"/include/inc_ext/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/config.php"