Forum - INDEX of valuable articles

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
kolja

Forum - INDEX of valuable articles

Post by kolja »

hi all,

just wanted to mention something - perhaps it's worth discussing. Or perhaps it's already existing, but i've not been able to find it (and so definitly many others too;) )

the forum is a really great place to go for some informations about phpwcms. THAT MUCH INFORMATION! GREAT!

but on the other hand it's just that much, that you aren't able to find interesting stuff anymore. you may use the search-functionality, but you'll get that much unnecessary stuff that you'll hardly find the things you're looking for sometimes.

the sticky-posts are a step into the right direction from my point of view. if i'm for example looking for something like the NAV_LIST_UL (something generally really interesting for everyone!), i'd be completely lost if there wouldn't be the sticky-posts. using search-functionality ends up in a mess.

my question or suggestion(?) to all and perhaps quite a bit into olivers direction:

what about a new main-topic in the forum that acts like a kind of index showing only the really hot topics?

concretely:
Index of hot topics
  • - only writeable by administrators to keep it clean
    - only really hot topics (e.g. navigation, template, ...)
    - with idea in mind to keep it overviewable
    - perhaps just linking to really valuable articles
i think, there were many really good posts in this forum like for example flip-flop's NAV_LIST_UL. but these really helpful posts just drown in the big mass of all messages. and they would be worth to be found - even by people that don't know each entry of the forum by forename...

hope for your comments about this or someone giving me an idea what i might have forgot to see ;).