FE User and User/Group Rights-Management Development

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
nebenaube

Re: FE User and User/Group Rights-Management Development

Post by nebenaube »

damn, I hear crickets....
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Ok, in my branch of 1.3.9 r273, I have a front-end registration and login with email address verification process working at eenac.com but the only real 'user' management is that you can see and 'kill' fe users in the back end. Now, I have been investigating the forum available at http://www.phorum.org/ as a potential replacement for the deprecated forum (I don't care for myTopix and Phorum is closer to what I prefer). The Phorum forum just happens to provide user, user rights and groups management as a part it's internal administration that seems to fit the bill for what I'm hearing as requirements. I am considering integrating this application and using it's user management to replace my modifications of the currently available felogin. I'm sure that will lead to more work on the article_cat, article and content_part tables as part of the integration. So I was wondering if anyone would like to work with me on this?

nevermind...
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

whoever unlottunlople is ... thanks for helping me test that. Sorry your registration verification code isn't going to work. The next one will tho...
update

Post by update »

Upgrade release 1.4 to 1.5
seen at http://code.google.com/p/phpwcms/source ... to_1.5.sql
This is soo promising :lol: :evil:
Without any serious changes (you know, which ones) we are at 2.0 soon. This is really feeding the world!
Sorry MOD - couldn't resist!
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
StudioZ

Post by StudioZ »

Hey Ho!
Anything new? / Any news?... Regarding this long awaited FE User and User/Group Rights-Management? :roll:

Yves
PhpWCMS Evangelist, -- iRoutier.com Running phpWCMS 1.4.2, r354 -> Great Version!!!!
novallis

Post by novallis »

Hy Oliver Georgi,

we see a lot of progress at google code, this is good and we thank you for developing.

But we still waiting for the "big bang" - to see the FE User and User/Group Rights-Management enhanced.

Please give us a sign about the progress - lot of your loyal members here in the forum are waiting to hear about related news.

Thank you in advance.

In Trust,
Ralf
update

Post by update »

there is an fe_user.php in disabled folder, updated on 5.2.09. Now you are sending all registrations to og... This semms to have happened by accident, doesn't it? Or is there a built -in check for how many are trying to use that feature? Perhaps I'm reading the code the wrong way only.... or some joke...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Clause, who are you talking to?
update

Post by update »

Since the interest of certain people (for this G.U.R.M release) seems to vanish in a haze I'm plain talking to myself. If you are a listener, then to you too, of course :lol: and to the world... in common...
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Ok, we are up to r327... I have noted that the form content part appears to be able to create an account... are we there yet?
update

Post by update »

No, not at all (yet?)
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Well, to hell with this cripple-ware then...
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

It's actually fairly easy to integrate some other GURM... my project at eenac now uses the GURM in phpizabi for front end logins... and no... the admin panels are not integrated yet, nor will I bother... unless someone else is interested, after all, I am available for hire!