banner ads module linking problem

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
update

banner ads module linking problem

Post by update »

I'm just playing around with the banner ads module. Everything seems to be working but the link behind the banner. It is formatted like this and is leading me to the main page instead of linking to a sub page called index.php?aid=984
Is there anything wrong?
I'm running r380

Code: Select all

http://domain.de/index.php?adclickval=1&url=984&u=443e1782aacc6692a690709ff6bd5e95&r=http%3A%2F%2Fdomain.de%2Findex.php%3Fspages&c=636&a=1003&k=4fb9afb26f71a9a395e52e12b9fb9b84
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
update

Re: banner ads module linking problem

Post by update »

Nobody any idea? I'd really like to make some use of it... but with a wrong linking behavior it's of less use...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
update

Post by update »

There is still this strange behaviour. Setting links is not possible. What am I doing wrong?
update

Post by update »

Seems to be my nth monologue ;)
BTW: I'm now running r394
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

aid=984 => spages

I guess you have a custom script running that handles the content based on aid instead of alias.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

I'm in good temper to interrupt the monologue of Claus, just for adding a new stupid article to the forum like many times before.
[omfg] Heavens! You use really damn old versions!
In truth, I'm sorry. I've never worked with this module. No idea.

[edit] Oops, and I'm to late as many times before. [/edit]
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
update

Post by update »

Sorry, I meant r397 ;)
update

Post by update »

Oliver Georgi wrote:that handles the content based on aid instead of alias
But wouldn't that be the better choice: IDs do never change, but aliases could ....
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

if you have an id there - it links against your alias - id = static = alias?
update

Post by update »

AY
This seems to be the guilty one:

if($aktion[0] == 0) {
switch ($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]) {

case 'mydomain.de':
				header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
				headerRedirect('index.php?start');
				break;
case 'mydomain.com':
				header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
				headerRedirect('index.php?startup');
				break;

default:header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
				headerRedirect('index.php');
				break;
  }
}
This is sending all misspelled pages to the start page preventing a "not found".
My temporary conclusion:
ttp://domain.de/index.php?adclickval=1&url=984&u=443e1782aacc6692a690709ff6bd5e95&r=http%3A%2F%2Fdomain.de%2Findex.php%3Fspages&c=636&a=1003&k=4fb9afb26f71a9a395e52e12b9fb9b84
is not known so it's being sent to the startpage too
What can I do to fix this?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

use an exception

if($aktion[0] == 0 && !isset($_GET['adclickval'])) {
update

Post by update »

Many thanks, Oliver!
This is working:

if($aktion[0] == 0 && !isset($_GET['adclickval'])) {
Note the closing bracket ']' ;)
Perfect - now I can go on testing :)
update

Post by update »

Hey!
It's working with IDs and AIDs too! Great cinema :lol:
And with/without rewrite
lady_witchcraft

Post by lady_witchcraft »

hey folks,

I've got a similar problem :? any suggestions to solve the "missing link of banner ads" issue?!

but first, further details might be requested :mrgreen:

using phpwcms 1.4.5 (r398), campain is working, flash banner is displayed correctly, BUT
there is no link applied or available in the browser via mouse over and click ...
in source code the banner shows the following - heavy readable - link:

<a href="index.php?adclickval=1&url=index.php%3Faid%3D4&u=9fc77d778d77c4052e37e1c001a31396&r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.domain.at%2FCMS%2Findex.php%3Fkunst-kultur&c=15&a=87&k=a1fa14ef4fd208be93fd6a4b04a85365" title="blabla" target="_self" id="adsInnerFlash1"> title="blabla</a>
I'm really wondering about the end of the href link... is there something wrong in the core?!

the script in html head also shows some weird things (imho):

<script type="text/javascript">
  <!-- 
	var flashvars_adsInnerFlash1	= {clickTag: "index.php%3Fadclickval%3D1%26url%3Dindex.php%253Faid%253D4%26u%3D9fc77d778d77c4052e37e1c001a31396%26r%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.domain.at%2FCMS%2Findex.php%3Fkunst-kultur%26c%3D15%26a%3D87%26k%3Da1fa14ef4fd208be93fd6a4b04a85365", clickTarget: "_self"};
	var params_adsInnerFlash1		= {wmode: "opaque", autoplay: true, quality: "autohigh", play: true, menu: false, allowscriptaccess: "always", swliveconnect: true, scale: "exactfit"};
	var attributes_adsInnerFlash1	= {};
	swfobject.embedSWF("content/ads/1/20100730_kultursommer.swf", "adsInnerFlash1", "234", "60", "7", false, flashvars_adsInnerFlash1, params_adsInnerFlash1, attributes_adsInnerFlash1);
  //-->
  </script>
could you please help meeeeee :cry:

thanks a lot for your support in advance, I haven't got a clue whats going wrong ..

rainy greets (caused by the weahter) :mrgreen:
claudia
... it's not bad luck, it's a bug ...
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

You flash movie needs to handle the "clickTag": http://www.flashclicktag.com/