Calendar module enhanced by Vectrus for r304+

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
caramello

Calendar module enhanced by Vectrus for r304+

Post by caramello »

The much appreciated phpwcmscalendar.class.php provided by oliver for use with the backen calendar module wasn't quite finished but was a great start for which i owe many thanks.

BUT...

I could not use all the fields provided in the backend in templates and the follow up links did do what i wanted for a client. ANd eventhough they rented my time and knowledge the bases is still "OPEN SOURCE" and so is my enhancement.

What did i change?
Well i added a extra part to the {CALENDAR tag :

Code: Select all

{CALENDAR:
items=10
template=home_dates_de.html
lang=
tag=
tagmode=OR
href=index.php?agenda-full
WxHxCxQ=75x100x1x100}
Now you can provide ....w h c and q in the reptag. (I included the example in the zip)

To see what i changed in the script, look around, i tried to comment but i get lame and document stupid things a bit.

Part you might like is that lightbox, zoom, caption, teaser, image_calendar, longtext all work when used in a template.

What you also might like is that, when you you show a list in one article/page, it gives you links to what should be the full text aticle of that specific calendar item. It now does. Using the href tag in the REPTAG, you provide the alternative article/page link to the full article. Using two different pages/articles, with two different calendar-templates you can now easily separate a list article page, from a full article page.

I wanted to add a filedownload posibilty but did not want to change any files in the core of phpwcms, altering a reptag / module is one thing changing the core i would rather not. If oliver ads it in the backend i'll update the class s to say.

Also, important, i do not know how to automaticly add mootools.js stuff needed in the header, the moment a lightbox check is marked. (Olver ?? Some insights ?) So i added those lines in my page template's <header> section.

BONUS
- Since i am dutch I also added dutch language support for the module. :-)
- Template with all the reptags possible.

http://www.vectrus.nl/2009-02-12_calendar_dev.zip

Kind regards,

Julius
A website is a concept not a digital brochure ! Vectrus Internet Solution
culda_a

Re: Calendar module enhanced by Vectrus for r304+

Post by culda_a »

Can you pls tell us how it works some step by step information how to use it... is this for the calendar module that Oliver is working on ?
ImagePackging design,labels, catalogs,postcards,
caramello

Post by caramello »

Yes, it's oli's. Just added some details to get it working more like a proper module. Also removed some nasty errors and the ability to add images. Since i needed something with multiple calenders, that held different types of calendar items. I also added some tagmode options like 'NOT" to be able to for instance show all items exept the items tagged as birthday.

The RT now has NOT as extra TAGMODE option (it was only, AND and OR)

The RT now has functions to define image width, height, crop and quality using the proper PHPWCMS way.

Let me know if you decide to use it, due to lack of interest I havent kept this post up to date with the latest version.

Julius
A website is a concept not a digital brochure ! Vectrus Internet Solution
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

I want to know more about it how to use it, I have download thie calendar from here:

http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php? ... 28#p116628

and also I have no ideea how ro use it, this one have overite Oli calendar

Can you tell me how to use your version? and how to install it again coz now in the module I have the one above... maybe how to keep both of them
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

can pls send me and e-mail ..I don\t know why the message module from the bord is not active by me, my email is culda_a@yahoo.com
baklavoni

Post by baklavoni »

WOW, I have missed this topic. :oops:
I had a request for calendar, and because Oliver's calendar had no frontend, I implemented phpicalendar.

I definitely will try this one!
There is no page like home page...
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

did you mange to make it work?
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hey culda_a,

trying to sent you a pm, but no pm system here :?
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

I know I don't know why my pm is not there ... is only by me the problem or someboady else have this problem????
update

Post by update »

me too - seems to be disabled board-wide...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

well how is with the calendar module...I don't know why is not showing the full article!