Details for only 1 element with Exdata

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
kolja

Details for only 1 element with Exdata

Post by kolja »

Hi all,

hope, somebody can give me an idea how to solve my problem in a suitable way. I've got a lot of categorized elements - say books. Each of them has a lot of details. Those books won't change. Only their details from time to time.

Now i thought it would be a good idea to use exdata as it would give the possibility to have a database-like appearance controlled with "one" optical template. so far so good.

my problem: i don't want a long list of all books. nor do i like to have sorting or searching functionality. i just want to have one page - with all necessary seo-stuff controllable - for each book. means a directory-structure with one article and one textblock - well optimized for searchengines. and into each specified textblock one specified book with details from exdata should be generated.

is this generally possible without lot of modifications? does it make sense from your point of view? what could be alternatives?

to give you a clue: of course i could just build one full article with some blocks for each book. but the books themselves won't change. only their details from time to time. using something like exdata gives me the possibility to somehow process the data of all books - e.g. in excel, ... and if i want to change the optics, i'll change it only once for all 200 elements.

by now i'm - sorry - fucking up exdata's func.inc.php and exdata.classes.frontend.php to add an RT for private templates that only delivers one specified element. but as exdata's - really GREAT module - source is not well documented nor structured it's quite a task to get that done with my brain-capacity. :mrgreen:

any ideas? would be very much appreciated.
breitsch

Re: Details for only 1 element with Exdata

Post by breitsch »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch
kolja

Post by kolja »

thanks a lot, breitsch. i'll check it out - if it works, saves me a lot of trouble :wink:
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

Hi Breitsch

Got a couple questions - since i have been away from the forums for a while
- and i have not worked with a fresh install of EX_DATA for a while....

(1) How compatable is EX_DATA 2.70 to the newest releases of phpwcms core?
(2) Has searchability been implemented in 2.70?

Cheers
-john-
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

jsw_nz wrote:(1) How compatable is EX_DATA 2.70 to the newest releases of phpwcms core?
I simply don't know. Last time I used it was with 1.3.9
jsw_nz wrote:(2) Has searchability been implemented in 2.70?
No. It has its own search function, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch