Discussion board

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
dinnocon

Re: Discussion board

Post by dinnocon »

I'm sure at some point in the future I will laugh too. I have attached the css you recommended and the page is more formatted, but I still can't see where the admin link is. Can you give me the German word I am looking for? Would it be simpler to reinstall? If so how?
update

Post by update »

nono.. don't reinstall
go to domain.tld/admin/index.php and do a little logging in - perhaps this helps...
..and some online link would be helping out while helping out ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
update

Post by update »

sorry sorry - of course you should log in to your board as an admin (checked your picture again), because you are not logged in
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

I will give that a go. Failing that I will send you a link via PM....then you really will laugh :D
update

Post by update »

gimme a chance :lol:
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

It worked!! :D It seems that the pre forum login screen are German, but once logged in it is english. Is this correct? n that case, where do I find the pages so I can edit them. I know where the css are, its just the other content. I have sent you the aite link and login via PM. One thing that bugs me is that you have to login twice on my site. Once through the FE login to get to 'premium functionality' and again to get to the forum. Is ther anyway to link them both so you don't have to enter you login for the forum, the user is just validated automatically .....
update

Post by update »

when user / permission / groups / roles will have been finished by Oliver there will be a bridge, of course... but roles and permissions are different things for the cms and for the forum...
Default language for the board at start up should have been set during installation (but you can change it by fiddling up the database table too ;) )
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Looking forward to that release.....

I have checked my settings.php and a line in that reads $config['language'] = 'english';. I presume that is setting my default language....Otherwise I'm not sure how to change it. THanks for all of your help :D
update

Post by update »

if the line is reading like that, then there should have happened an entry for the db too... (at least I intended it to happen like this - but you never know ;) )
(because I added / corrected this feature for an initial language selection during installation later on....)
update

Post by update »

Would be cool to get some feedback if you come along with some tricks or enhancements so we can make that even better for this phpwcms :)
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

I can give you some feedback now. As a relative newbie to all of this it is awsome that there are things out there like MyTopix that can, without too much heartache, plug into phpwcms. As I get more experienced I will try out more advanced things, but I can tell by the way it is built that this should not be too taxing. Thank you to all of the guys that have developed it and to those that support us stumbling new kids :D
update

Post by update »

:oops:
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

I have now waved the white flag I'm afraid.... :( The pre login part of the forum is still in German despite specifying in setup that I wanted the default as English. After I login it is fine before then I have no idea how to change it. By the way I still love the forum, its just this bit that is getting me down.
update

Post by update »

as I've told before this can be changed in the appropriate table of the db. It should be "members" and there you change it for "Guests"
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Last stupid question....I promise. Which table am I looking in?