Discussion board

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
dinnocon

Discussion board

Post by dinnocon »

Not sure if this is the right place for this question. I would like to add a discussion board similar to this one on my site. Is that functionality available and is there a tutorial on how to set it up anywhere?

Many thanks
flopi

Re: Discussion board

Post by flopi »

(\_/)
(0.o)
(> <)
Das ist Bunny. Kopiere Bunny in deine Signatur, um ihm auf seinem Weg zur Weltherrschaft zu helfen!
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Thanks flopi this looks like just the thing I need. I have a problem with it though. I have downloaded the rar file as the zip one was no longer available. I followed the instructions and changed permissions as indicated. I then pointed my browser to www.mydomain/setup/index.php. The screen asking me to agree to the GPL appears and I clicked on agree. It then takes me to a blank page and nothing else happens.........help :( The page it takes me to is setup.php
update

Post by update »

you did an installation of phpwcms without deleting the setup folder afterwards, right?
Otherwise you should have had something like this when calling index.php:
Welcome and thank you for choosing MyTopix as your community hosting solution! Before we start the installation process, we need to gather a small bit of information from you.
Additional remark for the use of this piece of software, adapted for beeing used with phpwcms:
Please respect the copyrights and leave the copyright notices intact. Thank you!
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Hi Claus,

Yes you are right. Should I have deleted the setup directory before installing MyTopix?
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Claus I bow to your genius. I deleted the original setup directory then installed MyTopix. It worked!

Many thanks :D
update

Post by update »

while you are at it, just bow to Jürgen and Jens and others... too :D
...and keep us (me) informed how you are getting along.
(because it is somewhat tricky sometimes ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Consider them bowed at. I think its awesome that there is this kind of support out there! By the way, just one final question, as I have got it working and it looks cool.....I have specfied English as the language, but it is mainly in German. It was in English when I first looked at it, but as I clicked through the screens it changed language and I don't seem to be able to get it back again. I know what you are thinking...user error :oops:
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hey Mr Forum,

try to change your browser Language ( :oops: as far as I can remember) :mrgreen:
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

I'm afraid changing the browser language didn't work. The page has a mix of German and English. Do I need to reinstal MyTopix and be more careful over what I click on? :(
update

Post by update »

try setting the default language in admin > system > general (scroll down)
and set your preferred language for your user profile too. While installing - did you enter the default language?
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Hi Claus. Yes I did set the default language to english. Unfortunately as I do not speak German I don't know how to access the MyTopix admin to follow your instructions. Any clues?
update

Post by update »

in the right upper corner of the forum page is the link to admin area
there you click "system". the very first opening page has the default lang setting (near the bottom)
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Here is a screenshot of what I see -
Image. I can hear you laughing from here :oops:
update

Post by update »

yes - right :lol: :lol:
try to load the css
<link href="template/inc_css/pulltheforum1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
or
<link href="template/inc_css/pulltheforum2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
the you should be able to see more...