Discussion board

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
update

Re: Discussion board

Post by update »

The table (in forum db) is called "members" and the field is "members_name"
The very first entry should be id= 1 members_name=Guest
Way down (or to the right ;) ) within this table is a filed called "members_language" - this probably is set to german by now (for "GUEST") . Change it to english
Now you have an english default for Guests visiting your page and as long as they are not setting up an account they will be getting served the english language (they can change it for their profile afterwards any time)

PS: should have been set while installing the forum (but perhaps I did choose a wrong parameter to be substituted.... :shock: )
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
update

Post by update »

hey -you've got it going! Great :D
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

Found it! Changed it! Claus you are a star!
dinnocon

Post by dinnocon »

It worked for 24 hours. This morning I tried to get into it and the browser returned this message -

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

I called my hosting provider and they said there may be an issue with the db_config.php file. This is really beyond my knowledge. Has anyone come across this before?

Claus your login is still active if you wanted to take a look :cry:
update

Post by update »

Hey you outside there
Is anybody interested in having an updated fully integrated discussion board for phpwcms? We're preparing to get hands on it again just for a while already, so in case there is some interest just tell :D
Mainly the utf issues should be ironed out but there is some user bridging related stuff planned too for the upcoming new phpwcms enhancements.
Would be nice if anybody could add some experiences with it so far.
Thanks for your attention :D
juergen

Post by juergen »

Frontend complete out of phpwcms Rendering machine!
Backend -> Module changement in progress
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

is this 'module' integrated with phpwcms users or does it manage users and logins on it's own?
juergen

Post by juergen »

Sir ! :D

Appealing to ya patience, as far as I know there is a BE User Management on the way, between 30 sec and 30 weeks we'll see. This has to fit to the new one, with a new backend and and and .

Regards

Juergen
update

Post by update »

DF6IH wrote:between 30 sec and 30 weeks we'll see
Funny you :lol:
This ought to be out for weeks now already (or even for months and years)... and at least this is what the fairy tales are all about: TOMORROW is the magic spell....

....but as every clean minded person is already knowing: this TOMORROW is "tomorrow" tomorrow too - so you are quite right: fundable fulfilment will hit the road between NOW and the day which sees cats and dogs raining ... :lol:

Thusly we can - with all respect - just promise everybody: the userbridged and fully integrated mature discussion forum (it's a module then, well, kind of ;) ) will be out TOMORROW too - promised, sworn, 3 spells upon it :mrgreen:
rushclub

Post by rushclub »

claus wrote:
DF6IH wrote:between 30 sec and 30 weeks we'll see
Funny you :lol:
This ought to be out for weeks now already (or even for months and years)... and at least this is what the fairy tales are all about: TOMORROW is the magic spell....

....but as every clean minded person is already knowing: this TOMORROW is "tomorrow" tomorrow too - so you are quite right: fundable fulfilment will hit the road between NOW and the day which sees cats and dogs raining ... :lol:

Thusly we can - with all respect - just promise everybody: the userbridged and fully integrated mature discussion forum (it's a module then, well, kind of ;) ) will be out TOMORROW too - promised, sworn, 3 spells upon it :mrgreen:
oh cool. tomorrow is forum's day :)

rush
3 (!) Jahre warten reichen mir. Ich bin erst mal weg.
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Does anyone remember that wall poster from way back in the 1970's that had two vultures sitting on the tree limb? What was the caption? Oh, yes, "Patience, My ASS!, I'm gonna kill something...."
juergen

Post by juergen »

Could anyone explain who is who ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

hmm... like the last four people still wanting to use this system?