[SOLVED] shop for clothings and posters!

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
update

[SOLVED] shop for clothings and posters!

Post by update »

I wonder if it is possible per now to sell some jackets, trousers and so on...
For selling this kind of stuff you should be able to select the right size, e.g. 48 or XXL with some color selection too perhaps.
The article # should then perhaps be built by choosing the main article while adding the choices ...
Example:
#1000 + xxl + red --> 1000xxlred ---> € 50.-
#1000 + S +red --> 1000sred ---> € 47.-

Did anybody find out already how / whether the fields in BE are working?
Last edited by update on Sat 17. May 2008, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
update

Re: shop for clothings

Post by update »

Since a t-shirt is sold in at least 5 different sizes (plus 5 different colors), I'm ending up with 5 different articles in my shop by now.
(I know, it has never been meant as the big solution, but even a small scale one is needing some basics ;) )

Would be good to know how far the shop approach will be going :)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Vargas

Post by Vargas »

I think variations should be a basic option in every shop.
No matter what you sell, you almost allwasy have at least the option to choose a color.

I would also be very interested in any solution somebody has, cause i'm a bad coder myself :)
"I have a rude thought every 5 seconds. Thank God i'm a slow typer"
update

Post by update »

claus wrote:Would be good to know how far the shop approach will be going :)
Yes I can second that :lol:
juergen

Post by juergen »

playing around .. adding Sizes (as they are in backend) and colors (as they are.. ) with 2 new Tags .. wondering why these are missing :?:

Last stept might be checking how to get these in order process.

Go buy a customized spaceship :mrgreen: http://df6ih.de/index.php?aid=5&shop_cat=1
update

Post by update »

This is a great start to get this little shop ---> maturity :)
juergen

Post by juergen »

Ok, just due to last step .. some replacement knowledge .... but seems like running through without any DB enhacement... funny playing with Olivers code
rushclub

Post by rushclub »

nice.
should ne integrated in the cvs, or am i wrong?

rush
3 (!) Jahre warten reichen mir. Ich bin erst mal weg.
juergen

Post by juergen »

hmmm.. not for the blank claus-trowsers solution, but with some extra settings (display only when set .. and and and.. maybe) Perhaps Oliver has a solution already.. I only do that cause claus needs ... and I need claus for some email issues .... :? :wink:
update

Post by update »

DF6IH wrote:the blank claus-trowsers solution
trousers will be sent by wheight. Easy. But I'm going to sell posters too, which will need some custom packaging and shipping. And I wil go selling a hat (only 1 size), single bottles of beer (again another special packaging and shipping) ;)
DF6IH wrote:I only do that cause claus needs ... and I need claus for some email issues
:oops: We'll solve your email issues anyway - with or without shop enhancments :lol:
DF6IH wrote:Perhaps Oliver has a solution already
Tell me more - but he doesn't know my needs yet ;)
juergen

Post by juergen »

trousers in browsers are trowsers :D

anyway got stuck in cart .. while trying to keep the line as it is, all bought article entries in just one field..... never give up tours starting again ;)

Claus : It's just mailman under postfix... cause I start career as SPAMMER *g
juergen

Post by juergen »

The only Problem is : (as far as I see)

The cart is guided by article Number -> which is the id of the database entry. So for one and the same number with different sizes one and the same product has to be devided... Just thinking (in cart) about how best combinations could be ...

// EDIT -> on the way ..... just some more little extra work in differing same product with different color / size
juergen

Re: shop for clothings and posters!

Post by juergen »

..on my way to hell ...

found a way to have multiple sizes with multiple..... donno anything... taking some extra session vars for these, now stuck in 4th array dimension...

Standby please for success or complete damage news ...
update

Post by update »

DF6IH wrote:Standby please for success or complete damage news ...
Help! Help! Don't do that! ...... standing by ......
negative amount input seems to have been fixed today - just tested it --> fine :)
update

Post by update »

The newly added shop_module extension is running like hell --> happy me :lol:

Features:
Extended shipping costs table (fixed: zero weight --> zero shipping costs, clean accounting of price table per weight)
per article extra definition of special shipping costs - will be added to article and not summed up within shipping costs
pulldown menue for differently priced addons per article - eg "with gift certificat -> + 3.-) or for something like T-Shirt with long-arm 15.-, T-Shirt with short-arm 12.-
selection for colors (or whatever)
selection for size (or whatever)
action prices (eg: "only today: 3.-off, old price with strike through automatically)
overriding of standard price with new one without deletion of old price
article number chaining: #12345-xxl-red in email
and.... so on
and: perfectly free mixing possibility of all these previously mentioned

Isn't this cool? Yes, it is!
See http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?p=103707#p103707 also ;)