[SOLVED]shop preferences not taken

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
update

[SOLVED]shop preferences not taken

Post by update »

Hi,
while testing the shop I stumbled upon the preferences page, which is not taken into account - I cannot change anything there. Is this an issue related to db update? Please shed some light somebody :?:
Where to look into which db part....
Thank you
claus
Last edited by update on Thu 1. Nov 2007, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
update

Post by update »

Solved - deleted all shop related tables and sqlled the stuff again. Now it works. Going on...
NoNameBaby

Re:

Post by NoNameBaby »

claus wrote:Solved - deleted all shop related tables and sqlled the stuff again. Now it works. Going on...
This doesn't function with me - tried it severeral times now, with no result.

This wasn't it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wer ein Problem mit mir hat, kann es gerne behalten - es ist schließlich seins!
update

Re: [SOLVED]shop preferences not taken

Post by update »

http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16139
Perhaps this one can get you going?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
NoNameBaby

Post by NoNameBaby »

claus wrote:http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16139
Perhaps this one can get you going?
Maybe if I update from 1.3.3 -> 1.3.5.1!

I'm trying to install the shop with the Shop Module & Tutorial from web casa-loca and have done everything exactly as described - without success.

No, I've installed v1.3.5 now and tried to alter the settings of the shop (e.g. shop Artikel-ID and Warenkorb Artikel-ID) and Ta-Dah after pressing SAVE the settings are reseted.
If I had any left I would tear my hair.
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

I solved this: the system is not saving the table names correctly.
view your tables and then modify your code to create the table with a matching db_prepend from your configuration.

see http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php? ... 15#p100515
NoNameBaby

Post by NoNameBaby »

nebenaube wrote:I solved this: the system is not saving the table names correctly.
view your tables and then modify your code to create the table with a matching db_prepend from your configuration.

see http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php? ... 15#p100515
No, this wasn't it either. I don't use any db_prepends!
Havn't found a solution yet, still searching - by the way, where should the preferences be saved?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wer ein Problem mit mir hat, kann es gerne behalten - es ist schließlich seins!
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Let me try to clarify what I said in the other post. BTW, The table used for the shop preferences is phpwcms_sysvalue.
I finally got my installation working when the code I used to create the tables for the shop produced table names that matched the format the rest of the installation was using. In my case I use db_prepend and either in code I changed or elsewhere in the system the other tables in the database ended up being created thusly sbateman__phpwcms_xxxxxx. (note the double underscore at the first break in the name) Anyway when I added the $phpwcms['db_prepend'] variable to the line that creates the respective shop table and executing the query, I was getting a table named sbateman_phpwcms_sysvalue (note single underscore at the first break in the name).