GoogleMaps Module [NEW VERSION 3.0, 2009-02-22]

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Lobotaman

Re: GoogleMaps Module [New Version]

Post by Lobotaman »

This is going to be an awesome module for me!

I just completed my install and everything went fine. I am using phpwcms v1.3.5

I added my API key and left the version at 2.x

When I click on "New Google Maps Point" and am presented with the following error...

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/  ...###my full path###...  .com/include/inc_module/mod_googlemaps/inc/edit.points.inc.php on line 1
I went to the documentation at the download site and didn't find anything on this particular error. I also looked into the database using phpmyadmin and can see that there are at least three tables related to googlemaps. One has already been updated with the key.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks,

John
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

@Lobotaman

Your installation is fine I guess.
Extract the zip file again and upload the file(s) again, use auto/ascii transfer type and passive mode.
Your file(s) is not formatted correct.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch
Lobotaman

Post by Lobotaman »

Thank you, for some reason my CuteFTP (regardless of settings) would not upload the unzipped file properly. I had to use my Dreamweaver. Your diagnosis was correct.

I have it working on the backend and have created a map point that shows in the list and I have selected the article where it should appear, but it doesn't appear on the frontend.

I have read a couple threads and, as a result, have tried it in both Firefox and IE without good results.

Are there instructions/documentation that go into some more detail than the ones at the site?

John
update

Post by update »

which php version, server are you running?
Does the map show up? If yes, did you mark the point address (ctrl-click) in the CP as active?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Lobotaman

Post by Lobotaman »

Hello,

I am running PHP version 4.4.7 on a Linus host.

The map shows in the on the module tab and it is checked as ACTIVE on the KML and the STATUS.

In the module tab it is fully functional (zoom, pan, etc). It also shows as active on the Google Map Points in the list at the bottom of that page.

And, I have selected the structure, article, and template where it should appear - but it does not.

Even though I am a newbie, I find it interesting that it doesn't show up in the list of Content Part Selection in the Structure page in Admin. Should it?

Wow, is it clear that I'm confused.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

John
update

Post by update »

but it is showing up in the Content Part selection field in your article?
If yes - did you "blue" the point in the selection field there - within your CP?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Lobotaman

Post by Lobotaman »

I think not, if I understand correctly.

Does this screenshot (attached) properly address your question?
Image Screenshot
Image Screenshot
Image1.jpg (121.94 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
John
update

Post by update »

You did a little diddling within admin/structure with the CPs down the page, didn't you? ;)
Just give it another try:
1 - make new structure in admin/structure. Done
2 - in admin/article choose this newly created structure and create a new article in there
3 - choose plug-in: googlemaps from the pulldown menu (at the very end of it)
4 - select your formerly created map point
5 - save the whole stuff
6 - enjoy!

You plain chose the wrong map - this one at your pic isn't google maps!
balbi21

Post by balbi21 »

Ok - i think your problem is the wrong content-type:

There is a "map" by OG, that displays a static image from file source -

and if you have installed the google-map-plugin, there is an additional content-part:
"plug-in: google-map"

In this plugin-cp you can choose the points from the module-page to show on the map...

Regards,
Bjoern

Edited: Ok - Claus was faster,... ;-)
update

Post by update »

@Bjoern :wink:
But with this double pack it should be on it's way (hopefully) :lol:
Pele

Post by Pele »

I have phpwcms 1.3.5. running on my site. When I activate "show marker" in "article content—plug-in:Google Maps" I get Fatal error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bcdiv() in /srv/www/vhosts/meindomain.de/httpdocs/include/inc_module/mod_googlemaps/inc/cnt.article.php on line 151
and line 151 in cnt.article.php:

$google_marker .= "icon.iconAnchor = new google.maps.Point(".bcdiv($size[0], '2').",".$size[1].");\n"; //anchor point for the icons
Any ideas?
Thanks

Pele
regards
Pele
kivipea

Post by kivipea »

Pele wrote:I have phpwcms 1.3.5. running on my site. When I activate "show marker" in "article content—plug-in:Google Maps" I get Fatal error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bcdiv() in /srv/www/vhosts/meindomain.de/httpdocs/include/inc_module/mod_googlemaps/inc/cnt.article.php on line 151
and line 151 in cnt.article.php:

$google_marker .= "icon.iconAnchor = new google.maps.Point(".bcdiv($size[0], '2').",".$size[1].");\n"; //anchor point for the icons
Any ideas?
Thanks

Pele
I had the same problem, the same error msg after activating "show marker" in the CP (phpwcms 1.3.3). Since the forums don't mention this problem, I went for trial-and-error and commented out the lines 151 and 152 in the include/inc_module/mod_googlemaps/inc/cnt.article.php:

//$google_marker .= "icon.iconAnchor = new google.maps.Point(".bcdiv($size[0], '2').",".$size[1].");\n"; //anchor point for the icons
//$google_marker .= "icon.infoWindowAnchor = new google.maps.Point(".bcdiv($size[0], '2').", 2);\n";
Worked for me.
It would be of course very helpful to have the author (respect!) comment on this.

Cheers,
Lembit
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

your actual php version?

for the module you need:
PHP 4.0.4 or higher
bcmath enabled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch
kivipea

Post by kivipea »

I'm running 4.4.0, but yes, bcmath extension is disabled. Thanks for pointing this out.
But GM module seems to work properly also w/o bcmath. What functionality is actually contained in this 2 lines?

Regards,
Lembit
Pele

Post by Pele »

I had the same problem, the same error msg after activating "show marker" in the CP (phpwcms 1.3.3). Since the forums don't mention this problem, I went for trial-and-error and commented out the lines 151 and 152 in the include/inc_module/mod_googlemaps/inc/cnt.article.php:

//$google_marker .= "icon.iconAnchor = new google.maps.Point(".bcdiv($size[0], '2').",".$size[1].");\n"; //anchor point for the icons
//$google_marker .= "icon.infoWindowAnchor = new google.maps.Point(".bcdiv($size[0], '2').", 2);\n";
Worked for me.
It would be of course very helpful to have the author (respect!) comment on this.

Cheers,
Lembit
Thanks for the tips. The great Mod GMap also works on my server (PHP 4.3.10) without Bcmath, if I commented out the lines 151 and 152 and only with default marker(red-dot.png).
regards
Pele