About Rebranding

phpwcms is released under GPL. Use this forum to discuss the GPL or inform about possible offences against phpwcms' copyrights.
WazZza

Post by WazZza »

Jari wrote:WazZza I hope you understand the rules if you rework an Open Source product that you MUST release the source code for FREE to who ever ask you for it??
Jari, I'm not a kid. :wink:

The new soft will emulate phpWCMS features. The programmer is not using phpWCMS code as a model in any way.

So no need for me to release the source code. :P :lol:

ionrock, I perfectly understand GPL license and so on, and everyone's concern about it.

Thanks to all. Best wishes.
RonDog

Post by RonDog »

As far as I understand this discussion we have:

a) Customers in the eastern part of Europe, who have a different ‘logic’ in terms of judging the value of a web designers work, and

b) some wise guys here and overseas, who forgot that they make their living based on the work of folks such as Oliver & Co., and I bet my ass, most of them violate GPL, because of not publishing their code they added to or changed in GPL ruled software.

To the address of WazZza I would say: “Give those people - who think the web is a complete free fun event – the web address of PHPWCMS, and because it’s free, they can use it in every way they like”. If they’re not too stupid, they will understand, that your work is to “drive the nails” into the wall at the right spots, but the Hammer is something you bring along with you, for free!

To the address of “the wise guys”: I do not condemn WazZza’s attempt for asking for a solution, because he really might have a problem I can neither re-enact nor understand. But as I can see there’s a guy which – to my understanding – fully respected GPL, because he was asking for a solution and he offered to pay a fee for each license he’s going to pass over to a customer, but instead of talking business, almost everyone tried to put him down. As a result he decided to invest in some workaround and PHPWCMS is off of his list. This matches perfectly the German pedantic - principle stickling - nit-picking nature; if someone asks for a solution, reply with objections, reservations and doubts. If you loose prospective customers then, blame them and call them stupid.

Now, how about the argument using PHPWCMS will spread the word about Oliver’s work…?
Ron

"Silence is foolish if we are wise, but wise if we are foolish."
brans

Post by brans »

I am German and certainly hate the attitudes Ron mentioned above but I am also a student of business and therefore I totally agree to Rons post and I have some very nice statement about open source which comes to this conclusion:
[Unknown] (simple machines core developer) wrote:We're not crazy hippies, us open source people... we're programmers and I at least am a big fan of the free market.
I guess I have found some very interesting thing:
http://www.scriptlance.com/cgi-bin/free ... 5&r=vintcn
jayapura wrote:I am looking for a competent PHP/MySQL programmer to "clone" the Open Source phpWCMS Content Management System.

Please examine the demo, features, admin manual and documentation CAREFULLY (links bellow).

I would like a "clone" of this CMS with all the same features, with the modifications described bellow.

Please note that a "clone" does NOT mean a copy, which would be illegal. I will have a close look at some selected PHP files BEFORE making payment to the winning programmer and will NOT pay him/her if the code is the same than those of phpWCMS. But I am convinced you will not try to sell me an exact copy of this script, don't you :-)
RonDog

Post by RonDog »

Hi Brans.

Had some fun reading this http://www.scriptlance.com/cgi-bin/free ... 5&r=vintcn ridiculous stuff...

What a competition...
I will have a close look at some selected PHP files BEFORE making payment to the winning programmer and will NOT pay...
Little Idiot is searching for big Idiots, or what?

Anyone realized the Freudian slip? Its a scream.
My budget is actually low :-( but I am a good payer and you will be rewarned :
Yep, be RE-WARNED
bet you're a lousy PAYER...
better become a good PRAYER buddy!

My advice to jayapura: Step into the toilet bowl an pull the rope :mrgreen:
Ron

"Silence is foolish if we are wise, but wise if we are foolish."
brans

Post by brans »

:-) thats more or less what I thought when I was reading this funny thing.
WazZza

Post by WazZza »

Hi there :twisted:

I can see you had some fun :lol:
trying to find who I am and what is my purpose.

The script is now perfectly running. It comes with a real multilanguage front-end and is e-commerce enabled.

The back-end is not as good as phpWCMS admin (visual aspect), but is still good. It's different, with a lot more features.

I didn't had to hire a programmer from elance or whatever (I had a bad try with them so decided never use any freelance site again), because I made a win-win deal with my wife's younger brother, which is living in Moldova and is a very good programmer. I gave him an initial $250 and give $150 for each additional copy sold.

To date, I've sold 3 websites CMS-enabled myself :shock: and have hired two salespersons who helped selling 5 more.

Great ! :P

Cheers :lol:
Jari

Post by Jari »

Do you have the guts to show us a link or two ??
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sell us - if it's better, I'd be interested.