ich-bin-ich.net / ichbinich.net

phpwcms is released under GPL. Use this forum to discuss the GPL or inform about possible offences against phpwcms' copyrights.
trip

Post by trip »

I think it would be fair to leave the copyright information on the following

- login page
- in the source code
- and also the IMPRESSUM page, with image and link

The example from this thread is abusing the fact that Oliver has written a great program and should be thankful that he has had the opportunity to make the following webpages...
http://www.netzschaum.de/index.php?referenzen

even his own site is using phpWCMS

TriP

ps thanks Oliver for the continued development, and to all the other php gurus out there.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I'm angry about that netzschaum is thinking his doing coincides with the GPL while I'm thinking that removing or soften the copyright info on login.php is contrary against the GPL.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

http://www.annefrank.de goes further by removing the code copyrights too.
I am thinking that these companies may like to be informed that the web design is based on GPL code. after all, it is their right to know ;)
If this becomes apparent to be 'new information' they may look differently upon their star designer and reconsider their associations.
Alexander Schlegel

Post by Alexander Schlegel »

Eins vorweg: ich persönlich habe keinerlei Probleme die Copyright-Hinweise an Ihren Plätzen zu belassen, da ich die wertvolle Arbeit des Entwicklers Oliver Georgi voll und ganz schätze und auch unterstütze.
Aber dennoch denke ich, sollte man die Diskussion insoweit wieder versachlichen, dass Du, Oliver, einmal genau darlegen solltest, wo Du diese Hinweise explizit haben möchtest und wo sie für Dich entbehrlich erscheinen. Das gibt vielen Entwicklern ein Regelwerk an die Hand, an das sie sich, sofern sie gutwillig an die Sache rangehen, dann halten können und Diskussionen dieser Art überflüssig werden.
Gar nichts halte ich dagegen von "Hexenjagden", wie sie jetzt ganz Eifrige veranstalten, wo jede Website auf diese Verletzungen hin untersucht werden, denn:
a) wußten vielleicht einige gar nichts davon, dass sie diese Hinweise belassen sollten (auch wenn Unwissenheit nicht vor Strafe schützt)
b) kann man sich (wie jetzt bei der Anne-Frank-Website) gar nicht sicher sein, ob die nicht noch mit einer Version von phpWCMS erstellt wurde, die noch nicht den Copyrightzwang kannte, der ja erst seit Version RC3 gilt.

Ich denke Ihr tut gut daran, das mit dem richtigen Augenmaß zu beurteilen, sachlich und ohne Schaum vor dem Mund.

Viele Grüße
Alexander
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

That's right Alexander. I'm trying to stay objective - without any hate about such doing. It's hard. And I'm mortified about netzschaum and his arguments (I didn't published everything here).

I had a lot of contacts by email asking me whether somebody is able to remove copyright information - simple: re-branding. It's fair to ask and give my personal opinion. I said no.

I also think I can force somebody to let copyright information untouched. I never forbid changing layout of backend. But removing phpwcms' logo and copyright isn't fair and illegal - that's the fact. And to say GPL allows to do is also wrong. Changing the code is NOT the same as removing copyrights. And if any code is changed GPL redemands to republish changes (whole source) to anybody without any restriction.

regards
Oliver
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I closed this thead, pleáse have a look here:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2067

Oliver