Normal website here: http://www.asiabeat.net
The iPhone optimized version here (beta): http://www.asiabeat.net/index.php?aid=16
- browse the content with safari (mac/win/iphone). I think, with chrome and IE 8 also possible.
- if iPhone: startup image before loading of the main content
- if iPhone: use the "+" and "add to homescreen" in safari to create an application icon on your home screen. Now, you can start the web application without safari. And it acts also like a normal application (the url bar and the bookmark bar are not visible anymore)
- Templates (layout and cp's) allow to create iPhone optimized content without manual coding
- Images (special) template available for "finger swipe browsing"
- generating forms in iphone style.
- If sub categories available, automatic rendering of a horizontal menu
Very soon, I can show you the web application I did for WWF. Once it goes online, I will let you know.
visit iwebkit.net for more information what is possible with this framework.
Impressive - I mean the iPhone thing! And I'm very curious what you mean with "Integrated iWebkit framework in phpwcms." - What did you do?
for the contentparts, you need also to write special templates. for example, made one for the contentpart "images special". it allows to sweep the images with your finger. As you know, iphone is touchscreen based. so you need scripts which understand finger gestures.
acutally, it is not complicated to integrate iwebkit in phpwcms. but it takes a while to find out the optimal solutions. Creating forms for iphone is still a little bit a pain. because the automatic form output does not work (table based). So you need to write the frontend template on your own.
I'm kind of drowning right now but I'm eager to check it out. Do you know if there are already any templates for iPhone and iwebkit out on the market (both paid or free)?