site done in phpwcms 1.35

post released sites here made with phpwcms
ronald

site done in phpwcms 1.35

Post by ronald »

I'm maintaining a website for a dutch restaurant in my village. The whole site is phpwcms v1.35 and the googlemaps plugin from casa-loca. All the design elements are my work, all the texts are done by the restaurant.

http://www.hetwapenvanens.nl/

I've been using phpwcms for one year now because it's kept clean and simple compared to bigger cms-es. I've still got a lot to learn about web-design. The learning is slow, mainly because my main occupation is Apple Macintosh System Administrator and not full time web-designer. Converting then site from nested tables to CSS is the next big step for me, got any tips?

Anyway, I would like to get your opinion so please feel free to comment.

Greetings,
Ronald Tichelaar
Jensensen

Re: site done in phpwcms 1.35

Post by Jensensen »

ronald wrote:...The learning is slow, ...
should be extremely fast
ronald wrote:...mainly because my main occupation is Apple Macintosh System Administrator and not full time web-designer...
because mac users have no trouble with sys-admin-tasks, but have - built-in - designers' point of view and even great apps.
ronald wrote:...Converting then site from nested tables to CSS is the next big step for me, got any tips?...
That's right! But once, when understood, it's easy... so, go ahead...
Have a look at http://www.yaml.de/en/home.html

ronald wrote:...Anyway, I would like to get your opinion so please feel free to comment...
well, indeed, it looks a little bit straight, like typical win-sys-admin's work.

not very appealing, emotive, yet.
could/should have more that nearly smells like [in het Nederlands] koffie, koekjes, cakes --> hmmmm :wink:

more pictures, koekjes, atmospherical, alive....
bring/create more life to the ducks of the "Wapen van Ens"
greetz
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.