Browserweiche oder - heißen Tip?

discuss about sites that are just under construction or where experimental stuff is used
Sir Erazor

Browserweiche oder - heißen Tip?

Post by Sir Erazor »

Hey!

Ich habe ein kleines Problem...

Ich habe letztens eine Seite gebaut (aufgebaut mit DIVs) die anfangs eine fixe Auflösung hatte...

Nun habe ich sie auf Kundenwunsch so umgeändert, dass sie sich seitlich streckt...

Gelöst habe ich das mit einem "padding-left" in der Content DIV ...

Leider habe ich im Firefox nun das Problem, dass es einen horizontalen hässlichen Scrollbalken gibt, bei dem ich nicht weiß, wie ich ihn wegbekomme...

Schlecht zu erklären, guckt selbst:

http://www.erazorsland.de/kljb

Das Problem ist - im IE geht alles perfekt... daher dachte ich an eine Browserweiche, mir fällt aber keine Möglichkeit an, das zu realisieren :/

Der Code der für den Inhaltsteil verwendet wurde:

Code: Select all

<div style="position:absolute; top:164px; height:375px; width:100%;overflow:auto; z-index:3"><div style="width:100%; padding-left:118px; overflow:auto">
{CONTENT}</div></div>
<div style="position:absolute; right:0px; top:141px; width:250px; height:15px; z-index:2">{BREADCRUMB}</div>
Wäre klasse, wenn ihr mir helfen könntet!

--------

I´ve got a little problem...

my latest site is using a div-structure.
the site was in the early times for a resolution of 1024x768.
then i made the content-div to stretch, so that the site fills every browser-window, even with higher resolutions.

look at it with the internet-explorer - everything´s perfect ... when i look with firefox, i have a bad problem - a horizontal-scroller and a "jumping effect" of the menue when scrolling down.

the code is in the "code" window at the top of this posting.

thanks
Toccamonium

Post by Toccamonium »

Hi,

well, the problem is you have a padding-left which will be added to the
100%. That causes the vertical scrollbar. IE shows it correct but thats just
because IE has a wrong box calculation. To solve you problem put your
content in a nested div and there you adjust your paddings for this div.
<div id="wrapper" style="width: 100%">
<div id="content" style="width: 90% or padding: 10px 10px 10px 180px;">...</div></div>

greez
T.C.