Need graphic advice

discuss about sites that are just under construction or where experimental stuff is used
Kosse

Need graphic advice

Post by Kosse »

Hi all,

English:
I'm working on a project and I am kinda stuck...
Made a general layout to present to the client and it's ok, but I don't like the way I show articles...
I think there is something missing between article title and content, do you have an idea (I tried lines but... didn't like).
Do you have any ideas????

In "ger-google-man":
Ich arbeite auf einem Projekt und ich werde gehaftet ein bischen...
Ließ einen allgemeinen Aufbau sich dem Klienten darstellen und er ist okay, aber ich mag nicht die Weise, die ich zeige Artikel...
Ich denke, daß es etwas gibt, das zwischen Artikeltitel vermißt und Inhalt, Sie eine Idee hat (mich versuchte Linien, aber... mochte nicht).

Thanks, here goes a preview:

Cheers
rushclub

Post by rushclub »

of course something like this?

?

rush
3 (!) Jahre warten reichen mir. Ich bin erst mal weg.
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Thx rushclub!

Yes, could be a possibility. I tried it (smthg similar) before but wasn't totally convinced because of the white "cut"line left (when you put the bground behind the title it seems a little "pasted" on it) , I thought it wasn't "intergrated" enough, but it is a path I could follow, thanks again for the effort! :)
I don't want to sound snooty or difficult (maybe I am) :oops: but I'm still struggling, you know that feeling "it is good" but not "complete"... a little something's missing

If someone else (or urself) has another idea, don't hesitate!
Cheers
StudioZ

Post by StudioZ »

What else to add..? :wink:
You'r doing a great job Koss ! :)
Pushing the limits... :wink:
PhpWCMS Evangelist, -- iRoutier.com Running phpWCMS 1.4.2, r354 -> Great Version!!!!
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I would not add anything as your page looks already very nice and somehow I feel it's a good point to stop adding stuff. I would just move the headline and thetext closer together - take out the space. That'd be my suggestion.
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Thank you all guys for your comments. :!:
Really appreciate! You know when you're not sure and need an external advice on what you're doing, so the time you took to reply and your answers REALLY put a smile on my face. I'm a little stuburn sometimes (wife says always)...
I think I'll go for the public vote and do nothing, except closing the space a little. (or maybe not :lol: <-- I'll never learn)

BTW, (one day) all design made by me are going to be "public", that is releasing the templates (with other images off course) for phpwcms (a dream I have).

Thanks again, love this forum, love this cms!

Cheers
jsw_nz

Post by jsw_nz »

Hi Kosse,

Very cool layout - very refreshing - great use of colors.
I am sure you sorted out the question.....
anyway, just wanted to say nice :D :D
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

:oops: :oops: :oops: thx

Actually I had to change the layout a bit because I made a (beginners <-- shaaaame) mistake :? :?
1. I made the layout and (1st time in a loooong time...) when I added the butterfly forgot to resize the thing to 780... so building I realised... aaargh, too damn little! :shock:
2. It's a site intented for elderly people so I HAVE to use BIG fonts and so, need to make more space (affects the design but usability comes first right? Plus, they still use... 800*600 screens (even with some 19-20 monitors) duh :o

Well, always a cooooooooool thing 8) to receive nice encouragment words from u guys (specially the ones I //secretly// admire -- hush hush ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers