guestbook spamming

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
harrybo

Post by harrybo »

I also have a guestbook on my site, that gets a SPAM entry about every 2 hours. To avoid guestbook spaming I upgraded to the newest version 1.2.6, but this didn't help. Even the bad words lists does not seem to have any effect. By the way, wouldn't it be better if the bad word list completely hides an entry instead of overwriting words? Anyway, I installed the bad-behavior solution, but after two days of silence I now again get SPAM entries (some other kind of spam).

As I'm not able to check the guestbook every two hours and SPAM entries are not acceptable, I unfortunately had to decide to close the guestbook. In other words: the best guestbook does not make any sense without an anti spam solution.

Generated graphic-numbers could be the answer but I'll be happy with any solution that would allow me to reopen my guestbook. So Oliver, it would be nice if you could announce it in this forum or on your website, when you will have an answer to these brazen f. spam guys.

Thank you
Harry
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

harrybo wrote:
Generated graphic-numbers could be the answer but I'll be happy with any solution that would allow me to reopen my guestbook. So Oliver, it would be nice if you could announce it in this forum or on your website, when you will have an answer to these brazen f. spam guys.

Thank you
Harry
hello

i know something like that will come :-)
fellchen

Post by fellchen »

Here a video guide to stop the spam:
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10157
You should not take life too seriously,
or you will not even get out of it alive!
miershpedankl

Guestbook Spam Blocking

Post by miershpedankl »

Hello! I'm coming to you from my post at: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11065

So it looks like I have installed this thing correctly, how can you tell if it is working? Do you just have to wait and see if there is any spam??

Thanks for the details you provided BTW!! :D
If you don't let ANYTHING happen to someone, then NOTHING will happen to them.