Insert break instead of new paragraph?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
vrain

Insert break instead of new paragraph?

Post by vrain »

I remember reading a while ago about how its possible to make phpwcms automatically insert </br> tag in places where two separate <p></p> tags are created. Can't find it through search, can someone help?

My "wysiwyg html" content part gives me new paragraphs for every break, and there's no "/br" button in the HTMLArea interface. I dont want to manually edit the html for it.

thanks,

VR
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I'm not sure which WYSIWYG editor does what, but somethimes you can have the <br> tag instead of a new paragraph when you press Shift + Return (Enter). I think that's what I when using SPAW. Try it. But I guess if you write "automatically" you want it to do this generally with every return you do. Check out the included FCKeditor. Seems to work this way for me: 1 Return gives <br>, two returns give <p>.

Also, refer to the discussion boards on the websites of the respective WYSIWYG editors, as it is down to the editor and not phpwcms.
pepe

Post by pepe »

Hi vrain,

if you are using FCKeditor2, its possible to change...

Code: Select all

// When the user presses <ENTER> FCKeditor inserts a <BR> tag instead of a <P> tag (on IE).
// FCKConfig.UseBROnCarriageReturn	= false ; // -------------------- ORIGINAL-Wert ----- 
FCKConfig.UseBROnCarriageReturn	= true ;

You can find it inside the file: include/inc_ext/FCKeditor2/fckconfig.js