Question about integrating a php forum with phpwcms

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
vrain

Question about integrating a php forum with phpwcms

Post by vrain »

I am trying to create a portal which will run on vBulletin most probably, and I want to integrate it in such a way that phpwcms articles can be discussed on the same page as article, and also appear in the forum section.

Example

///////////////// PHPWCMS ARTICLE /////////////////

TITLE : Theory of Big Bang

TEXT : blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah

DISCUSSION : "Theory of Big Bang"
- "Re : Theory of Big Bang"
- "Re : Re : Theory of Big Bang"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Basically, a user can read an article, create a topic/reply right inside that article, and then be taken to the discussion thread in the forum area. Is it possible to integrate PHPWCMS and vBulletin in such a way? Or any other php forum software for that matter?

thanks,

V
vrain

Post by vrain »

*bump*
vrain

Post by vrain »

Can someone help? I appreciate very much Oliver developing a phpwcms forum, but what about extremely large forums with very complex features? ( I mean user rankings, hybrid views, pm system, attachments, etc ) How would one go about integrating vBulletin and phpWcms for example?

thanks,

V
pico

Post by pico »

Hi

I have 'integrated' the ThWboard. You can see it at

http://www.simondigital.de/forum1.phtml

I will make a description how I do this on my WEB-Site in the next Days (hope so) here:

http://www.hdk-online.de/boardint.phtml
Lieber Gott gib mir Geduld - ABER BEEIL DICH
Horst - find me at Musiker-Board
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

if you wanna have an discussion under an article! you could also use the guestbooks/comment content part. then the people can discuss over these content part!