folder trouble - unable top create dir in public files :(

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
spirelli

folder trouble - unable top create dir in public files :(

Post by spirelli »

I have successfully installed phpwcms, and so far i think it's great!

One problem that I have come accross is that I am unable to upload siles to the 'public files' section. When I click on the 'create new dir' link It jumps to the dir creation form under the 'private files' tab and creates a directory there. What can be the problem?

DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

The 'public files' section is intended to reflect which files you have marked as "public" (via the checkbox) to be accessible by others (not for you to upload to).

spirelli

Post by spirelli »

Ah, thanks for this explenation. Great forum.

But.... I can see that the public files are shown under a folder with the user name. I don't really want this. is there a possibility to disable the username folders and just have the normal files and folders there that have been made public.
But then.... Can different people put files into the SAME folder under 'public files'? How? Do they all have to create a folder with the same name in the 'private files'

Thanks for any help

Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

you can create an new foler! when you're on public file at the end you see "root dir" and then the second icon is a "+" klick on it! then can every user dicide wich folder should be public an wich not or better they can decide wich files should be saved in public and wich not.
Pappnase

spirelli

Post by spirelli »

Hello pappnase, I think you mean
"when you're on PRIVATE file at the end you see "root dir" and then the second icon is a "+" ", In the 'public files' there are only three icons to the right: Help, Close all dir and Disable Thumbnails.

I do understand that from the private files each user is able to select which files should be public. But my question was:

I can see that the public files are categorised by user name. I don't really want this. is there a possibility to disable the username folders and just have the normal files and folders there that have been made public.
But then.... Can different people put files into the SAME folder under 'public files'? How? Do they all have to create a folder with the same name in the 'private files'

Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello barilla

no sorry i think thats not possible!
Pappnase