[SOLVED] CP HTML5/Flash media player - customization, skins

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
hal

[SOLVED] CP HTML5/Flash media player - customization, skins

Post by hal »

I had a closer look at the HTML5/Flash media player CP and have a question about customization:

1. Per default we have (in html head):

Code: Select all

type="text/css" href="http://vjs.zencdn.net/4.10/video-js.css" />
<script src="http://vjs.zencdn.net/4.10/video.js"
They seem to come from js.inc.php, lines 130ff

/**
 * Init Video JS
 */
function initVideoJs() {
	$GLOBALS['phpwcms']['video-js'] = empty($GLOBALS['phpwcms']['video-js']) ? PHPWCMS_HTTP_SCHEMA.'://vjs.zencdn.net/4.10/' : rtrim($GLOBALS['phpwcms']['video-js'], '/') . '/';
	$GLOBALS['block']['custom_htmlhead']['video-js.css'] = '  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $GLOBALS['phpwcms']['video-js'] . 'video-js.css" />';
}
Question No 1: Is there a way to store the css locally for customisation - it does look to me like it was possible, but as a complete code noob I am not sure. This:

$GLOBALS['phpwcms']['video-js']
seems to point to a setting, maybe in conf.inc.php? Just that there is no such variable.... so would i work if I added this line to conf.inc.php:

$phpwcms['video_js']         = 'template/inc_css';    //path to html5 player stylesheet
and just drop a copy of video-js.css into that folder to edit it there?

-------------------------------------------

2. In the backend within the HTML5/Flash media player CP there is a dropdown box labeled 'skin HTML5:' and named 'fmp_set_skin_html5'. In cnt.25.article.inc.php we find a path related to that name: (template/) 'lib/jw_media_player/skins/'. That seems to tell us that skins for the html5 player would have to resdide there - I tried dropping a css file in there, but it didn't show up in the dropdown...

Question No 2: How would I create/ place a customized skin to have it available in the dropbox? The 'skins' that can be generated here: http://designer.videojs.com/ are not more than .css files... so where to put/ register them in order to make them usable?

Any help and hints would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by hal on Wed 11. Nov 2015, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: CP HTML5/Flash media player - customization, skins

Post by Oliver Georgi »

You can use a self hosted video.js by setting the path to it in the config value:

$phpwcms['video-js']
In that folder you place the video.js and your video-js.css. It#s up to you to skin it as you like. Just CSS.

JW Player is outdated and no longer supported. It will be removed very soon as everything that requires the Flash Plugin.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
hal

Post by hal »

Oliver - thanks for your reply. I am often amazed how quick that goes..

But honestly - sometimes when reading your replies I feel a bit like the ancient Greek must have - when talking to Pythia :D.

You are saying I paste the following line into conf.inc.php:

$phpwcms['video_js']         = 'whatever folder/whatever folder';    //path to html5 player stylesheet and js file
Then drop the newest version of video.js and your video-js.css into that folder and edit them to my liking.

Is that correct?

Edit: Tried it and it is correct.

Just out of curiosity - what is that about the html5 skin dropdown in the respective content part?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

hal wrote:Just out of curiosity - what is that about the html5 skin dropdown in the respective content part?
Seems something left from an older video.js implementation…

Post by top »

Is this difference important?

$phpwcms['video_js']

$phpwcms['video-js']
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

No undersorce. It is

$phpwcms['video-js']
hal

Post by hal »

LOL - didn't even realize the difference with the underscore - but did it correct by accident...hahaha...

( :oops: )