News tags - how to create new tags since recent changes

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
yorkshire_boy1

News tags - how to create new tags since recent changes

Post by yorkshire_boy1 »

Hi, perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I cannot see where to create tags for news items since the recent changes.

I always used to add a News content part, choose a tag in there like "homenews", then create a news item and type in the same tag "homenews" so only news items tagged with "homenews" would appear on the home page for example.

However, now when I try to type into the tags field in either the News content part, or a news item, I get a "No Results Found" caption, and when I click Update, the tags field is left blank.

Is this as intended, if so, where can I now create the list of possible tags that can be used with News items and News Content parts?

Many thanks
Tom
yorkshire_boy1

Re: News tags - how to create new tags since recent changes

Post by yorkshire_boy1 »

I have found a work around:

If you add a comma at the end after adding a new tag for the first time, the tag gets recognised and when you then click Update, the tag is added correctly.
update

Re: News tags - how to create new tags since recent changes

Post by update »

Alternatively you could use the tab key to enter your tags for the first time to make them permanent
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.