Management of large number of articles in a category

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
adamderesz

Management of large number of articles in a category

Post by adamderesz »

Hello
Has anybody got a solution for maintaining large or very large number of articles per category?
Let's say there's a site with 1 article added each 1-2 days. That gives us 160-300 articles per year... of course each year we can do a site maintenance and move these articles to annual subcategory, or you can add them immediately in an annual subcategory (I do that on one of sites I manage myself for local photoclub), but there we have like 20-35 articles per category per year and only few categories... not much.

BUT, perhaps (lazy me) there is solution we could use to automate such action?
Lets say a small script that would recognise articles per category older than x days and ask right after your login if you want to move them in bulk to a named subdirectory/archive.

It's not a question of frontend presence, where it's simple - it's rather an issue for backend clean look.
Perhaps for a bigger number of articles in a category there might have beed sort of 'show more/show all' btn as it may be also hard to browse the article tree, then with few screens scrolling through single category.

Well it's' just a question for a tip how you solve it
cheers
Adam
update

Re: Management of large number of articles in a category

Post by update »

you could hav directories like ... 2011, 2013 and "current year".
At the end of year you will rename "current year" into 2014 and add a new "current year" to start over for 2015.
Idea?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Management of large number of articles in a category

Post by Oliver Georgi »

It is planned to extend this by a paginated backend listing mode — in addition with flat article listing mode
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон