Contend on Child Pages Lower on Page

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
walnut

Contend on Child Pages Lower on Page

Post by walnut »

I am using v1.6. When I create a sub directory in the structure the content for the sturcture area appears lower on the page leaving excessive white space. I have tried a new template, a new page layout and an alternate content part. Nothing seems to correct it. If I show the summary it does come up. If I move the page to a non-child level, the content moves up to the normal position.

View the site at:
http://198.57.171.94/index.php and click on the Benefits menu link.

I have not had this problem with other installations, but they were an earlier version of phpWCMS. Any suggestions?
walnut

Re: Contend on Child Pages Lower on Page

Post by walnut »

I have added child pages to other categories and do not seem to have the problem there. I will delete the offending category and rebuild. If that corrects it I will add the correction to this posting.
flip-flop

Re: Contend on Child Pages Lower on Page

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

<td width="762" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="top">

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
walnut

SOLVED: Content on Child Pages Lower on Page

Post by walnut »

Thanks for the suggestion Knut. Makes sense for someone who could not manage to spell Content. I tried it but it did not correct the problem. So I cleared table holding the CONTENT and replaced it with a DIV tag with 20px of margin. It solved the problem and is something I should have figured out. Although it is still a mystery that the placement issue seemed to impact some pages but not all -- just those with child pages.

Thank you for the help.