Can phpwcms do this? Custom developers available to do?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
jsw_nz

Can phpwcms do this? Custom developers available to do?

Post by jsw_nz »

Hi All,

I thought I would ask the forum if phpWcms (& interested phpwcms developers) might be able to do this:

I have a personal website where i will be selling fine art prints - I have little knowledge of what
e-commerce solutions are available in phpWcms right now - have not followed it - the solution would need to include:

(1) a signup/membership feature (with standard notification to confirm membership)
(2) a cart system that allows item/items to be added - and keeps track of remaining items (in stock)
(3) an ordering backend - that provides status reports/updates - where member data gets stored
(4) a checkout feature that 'ADDS' shipping and other options - and provides a final total
(5) a payment portal that is pretty mainstream - either direct Credit Card along with paypal.

I am not sure if this can be accomplished with phpWcms - it may require a custom developer to
get involved. I already have a design in place - so I could provide skins.
Nowadays - a lot of services are out there that might be embedded inside wcms (I-Frame or Ajax)
Just needing some input on whether I try to do this project in phpWcms or
look to WordPress - that has a number of plugins to do such.

kind regards
john weare
new zealand
jsw_nz

Re: Can phpwcms do this? Custom developers available to do?

Post by jsw_nz »

I guess this would better be handled by a WordPress - Woocommerce Plugin approach - so looking into it.
Account setup - Inventory monitoring - integrated checkout is pretty much standard.
cheers,
:)
nameless1

Re: Can phpwcms do this? Custom developers available to do?

Post by nameless1 »

yes, sounds more lika a shop then a cms...