Newsletter: embed logo in email

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
macangelo

Newsletter: embed logo in email

Post by macangelo »

Hi all

is there a way to embed a logo in the email sent out by the phpwcms newsletter tool so that it shows the logo (image) no matter if people have disabled images in there email client or blackberry or what ever they are using? (I somehow remember I received email like that and in some of them there was the image as an attachment and again others had thousands of lines of cryptic code in the email …)

thanks a lot
macangelo
Webdesign from Düsseldorf - made with phpwcms (most of it):
http://eyelikeit.com/index.php?de_beispiele-webdesign
update

Re: Newsletter: embed logo in email

Post by update »

Isn't this attempt a rather unfriendly one?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Newsletter: embed logo in email

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Whether or not the image is sent inline or linked — does not change the behavior of the email client. It just speeds up everything a little bit while email is viewed. But on other hand — the email is much larger because all attachements are mime-encoded. At all — not very user friendly. Same as sending PDF as attachment than adding a link for download.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон