Upgrading 1.5 - 1.5.4

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
yorkshire_boy1

Upgrading 1.5 - 1.5.4

Post by yorkshire_boy1 »

Hi, like others I had problems with a few of the content parts causing pages not to display (in my case adding news content part was a problem). Therefore I know I need to upgrade to the latest version. I have done this before and it solves the problem.

I have currently 1.5 installed. Am I right in thinking that for 1.5 -> 1.5.4 that I can just upload all the new files over the top of the old ones and then simply log in the backend?

Or do I need to run /setup/index.php just like when upgrading 1.4.* -> 1.5.* to upgrade the database in anyway.

Many thanks in advance
Tom
update

Re: Upgrading 1.5 - 1.5.4

Post by update »

yorkshire_boy1 wrote:Am I right in thinking that for 1.5 -> 1.5.4 that I can just upload all the new files over the top of the old ones and then simply log in the backend?
That should do the trick, I think ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
yorkshire_boy1

Re: Upgrading 1.5 - 1.5.4

Post by yorkshire_boy1 »

Perfect thanks - worked great and fixed the problems. I couldnt find an upgrade explanation for 1.5 upwards :P