Black PNG / GIF

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
eralf

Black PNG / GIF

Post by eralf »

Hello. I updated an 1.4.2. WCMS site tot 1.5. version. Now al the PNG and GIF images are black where them must be transparent. Also if I upload an new PNG of GIF image. What is going wrong?
config.inc.php has (GD2)
update

Re: Black PNG / GIF

Post by update »

What version of PHP?
Can't you use ImageMagick?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
eralf

Post by eralf »

PHP is version 5.2.17
I use always GD or GD2, and this site uses the same webserver.
update

Post by update »

If GD2 doesn`t work properly all transparent areas will be black, indeed. Do you see this phenomenon in the file manager too?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
eralf

Post by eralf »

Yes, I see this in the file manager to.
update

Post by update »

Why don't you ask your hoster for the path of ImageMagick? This will solve your Problem at once and normally the picture handling is of better quality (seems to me to be so)
Or did you transfer the new (update) files in an improper way?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

This should not happen. 1.5+ supports alpha channel PNG and GIF. Check that you use GD2 and that the relevant PHP modules are working as expected.

Also try to delete all images in content/images.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон