PHPWCMS, XAMPP and Win7 x64

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Neko1234

PHPWCMS, XAMPP and Win7 x64

Post by Neko1234 »

Hello I would appreciate some help here. I have the following errors in my installation.

I have 1 new clear installation with the latest version (v1.4.7) and a 2nd version of phpwcms of my site (v1.3.0) which works fine at the server but tried to setup in localhost with several problems. I am using XAMPP 1.7.4 VC6. XAMPP couldn't work in WINDOWS 7 x64 with installation and I am just running it.

In both installations I have errors. My old site works with the folowing errors at the top of the page. Also I cannot login to the backend :
------------------------------------------------
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Users\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test\include\inc_lib\modules.check.inc.php on line 27

Warning: file_get_contents(/template/inc_default/article_summary.tmpl) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test\include\inc_front\content.article.inc.php on line 237
-------------------------------------------------

The new clear installation of v.1.4.7 (Empty - just to test if errors exist ) has the folowing errors in the backend:
--------------------------------------------------

Warning: include(C:/Users/Downloads/xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6/xampp/htdocs/test2/include/inc_lang/backend/el/lang.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test2\phpwcms.php on line 59

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/Users//Downloads/xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6/xampp/htdocs/test2/include/inc_lang/backend/el/lang.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Users\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\Users\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test2\phpwcms.php on line 59

------------------------------------------------
What I wanted to do was to upgrade to the latest version. From v.1.3.0 to v.1.4.7. Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your help.
With regards
Neko1234
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: PHPWCMS, XAMPP and Win7 x64

Post by Oliver Georgi »

in general it is possible to upgrade. But first check your local setup. Seems paths or permissions are wrong or maybe files missing. You can see which files have problems following the path info in the warning messages.

It should have nothing to do with x64
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
update

Post by update »

I'd like to agree - the current xampp package is working as expected - with w7 + x64 (tested on several machines up to now). Still it is working with Vista + x64 and XPpro + x64
As Oliver mentioned: it is certainly a path issue - try to run the relocate script again perhaps
And - as usual - in conf.inc.php

$phpwcms['site'] = 'http://'.$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].'/';

and

$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT'] = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$phpwcms['root'] = '';

Don't use C:/mypath.. or entries like that...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Neko1234

Post by Neko1234 »

Thank you very much for your replies.

I managed to find the solution with my old v1.3.0 instalation and works perfect at localhost. It was the paths.

Now the new installation with phpwcms v.1.4.7 with the same settings in "conf.inc.php" as the older v.1.3.0 (almost same path but different final folder - at localhost) and have errors in the backend. Probably I am doing sth wrong. Do I need to have sth different in the paths/settings in cof.inc.php of v.1.4.7 than v1.3.0?

Also the funny thing is that I cannot use XAMPP n win7 x64 if I install it but only by running it. I have checked in the web and everyone says like you that it works fine..

The following errors in the backend of v.1.4.7 persist:

Warning: include(.../xampp/htdocs/test2/include/inc_lang/backend/el/lang.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Kostas\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test2\phpwcms.php on line 59

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '.../xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6/xampp/htdocs/test2/include/inc_lang/backend/el/lang.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Users\Kostas\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\Users\Kostas\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test2\phpwcms.php on line 59

Thanks a lot
Neko1234
Neko1234

Post by Neko1234 »

My main issue is to upgrade from v1.3.0 to the latest v1.7.4. Is there any post explaining that because I did not manage to find one.

My old site is working now at localhost as I said. But I cannot make the new clear installation of v1.7.4 to work well. So its pointless trying to upgrade v13.0 since even the clear installtion does not work well. Any ideas?

Regards
Neko1234
update

Post by update »

Should be a path problem too:
Perhaps try $phpwcms['root'] = '/test2/'; //default: ''
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Neko1234

Post by Neko1234 »

Thanks for the interest.

Unfortunatelly the problem persists. I will try today to a friends' computer with Win7 x64 again, to see if sth is wrong with my xampp version or my with my pc!
It is strange that v1.3.0 works fine at localhost and the latest version will not.

Is there any post explaining how to upgrade from v1.3.0 to 1.4.7? Is it possible?

Thanks a lot
Neko
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

it will be a problem of your local folder permissions.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Neko1234

Post by Neko1234 »

Good morning

I checked the permissions, all granted.

Line 59 that the backend error indicates is:

include(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_lang/backend/'. $BE['LANG'] .'/lang.inc.php');

When I log in I am choosing English language. But I see these 2 errors:

Warning: include(.../xampp/htdocs/test2/include/inc_lang/backend/el/lang.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...\xampp\htdocs\test2\phpwcms.php on line 59

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '.../xampp/htdocs/test2/include/inc_lang/backend/el/lang.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.; ...\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\Users\Kostas\Downloads\xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6\xampp\htdocs\test2\phpwcms.php on line 59

Thanks