Article titles as links?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
ExVee

Article titles as links?

Post by ExVee »

Okay, so I've been using v1.1x for over four years now. In that version the titles of articles are links to the articles themselves. I put together a test-install of 1.3x to get familiar with before I finally upgrade my real installation, but now the only link to get to the articles is the more... link following the summary. If I uncheck the option in the article set up and remove the more link, I have no link at all into the article. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or is something screwed up?

In either case, does a workaround for this condition exist? I couldn't search effectively for an answer since the forum search engine ignores the relevant keywords.
Jensensen

Re: Article titles as links?

Post by Jensensen »

ExVee wrote:...the titles of articles are links to the articles themselves...
Like it is with newer versions. There's no difference. But the article alias has become more important.

Do you have any experience yet with CP 'link article' / CP 'teaser'?
ExVee wrote:... the only link to get to the articles is the more... link following the summary...
When? What conditions?
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
johnn

Post by johnn »

If I understand correctly you should edit the templates that you use for articles (default.tmpl, sample.tmpl....), and replace

Code: Select all

{TITLE}
with

Code: Select all

<a href="{ARTICLELINK}">{TITLE}</a>
ExVee

Post by ExVee »

Do you have any experience yet with CP 'link article' / CP 'teaser'?
I do not, no. The behavior I'm used to of course is having the {CONTENT} tag is a page template and all the articles in the category level being linked to automatically. I've only been working with this version a few days and this issue only just got to the top of my list.
edit the templates
Well, I had thought so too, but... I couldn't find default.tmpl to edit. I found sample.tmpl, but my articles are all preset to default and I haven't found a way to change the template without affecting the last edit date. Or for lack of the file existing, am I intended to just make a file called default.tmpl which will take over the current "default" spot?
update

Post by update »

The default templates are stored in /template/inc_default/ and should be left "as is" and the samples are in template/inc_cntpart/cntpartname/...... Here you can change everything to your liking: download one, change it and do an upload while changing the name to something like my_new_big_bang.tmpl or whatever the extension has been....
Now you can select this new one from within the appropriate Content Part template-pull- down-and-select menu....
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
ExVee

Post by ExVee »

Alright! That's what I needed. I should be back in shape shortly. Thanks very much! :)