Can I configure phpwcms to not expire admin sessions?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Nik2004

Can I configure phpwcms to not expire admin sessions?

Post by Nik2004 »

Hi,

I have this awful problem again and again. After some time of inactivity (e.g. for a phone call), the admin (backend) session has expired, then I click Update (e.g. in some article or newsletter edit) and NOT ONLY I FIND MYSELF LOGGED OUT, BUT, WHAT'S WORSE, I HAVE LOST ALL MY CHANGES UNTIL THEN (because the back button does not bring you back to the page in the state you left it).

So, how on earth can I configure phpwcms (I'm using version 1.3.3) to not expire admin sessions at all? I want them to last forever, to never expire, as long as the browser remains open and I haven't left the admin section. I find it much more convenient, and hassle free.

Anyone who can help, will save my mental and psychic health, which has been distorted by having just lost a whole newsletter, on which I had spent a lot of time and effort (but not having done regular Save while editing - silly of me, I know).
swisscheese

Re: Can I configure phpwcms to not expire admin sessions?

Post by swisscheese »

HI Nik2004

In /config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php change the value of $phpwcms['max_time'] to a time in seconds that suits you.

have fun
swisscheese