Easiest way to a gallery with 1.3.3

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Matrim

Easiest way to a gallery with 1.3.3

Post by Matrim »

Hello,

somewhere in this forum there is a thread concerning a gallery.php. Since I couldn't find this file within my current installation (1.3.3) I wonder whats the best (maybe the easiest way) to achieve something like a gallery?

A gallery-like-behaviour is where one specifies a folder containing a bunch of images and the script takes it from there, at least enabling the user to view the images in this folder.

Thank you in advance,
Mat.
ustewjt

Re: Easiest way to a gallery with 1.3.3

Post by ustewjt »

Agreed ... I too need a gallery on 1.3.3

I have uploaded the images to the file system within WCMS 1.3.3 and set them in folder set with "gallery root" and "gallery sub folders" but I do not see where this functionality is enabled.

Is there something that I am missing (either in setup or files) that could enable this feature?

If not, can you recommend a simple gallery add-on to WCMS ?

Thanks, Tim
flopi

Post by flopi »

i am running the singapore gallery. simply to integrate and easy in use.
only make a album upload the images to the folder with ftp and make a re-index of the gallery.
all images are then in the album.

u can also try myalbum. but i only got it to work on a webserver. local i didnt see the images.

mfg
flopi
(\_/)
(0.o)
(> <)
Das ist Bunny. Kopiere Bunny in deine Signatur, um ihm auf seinem Weg zur Weltherrschaft zu helfen!
update

Post by update »

have a look over here: http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?p=109808#p109808
This is the easy way :lol:
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.