Get filelist-description valid?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
metti

Get filelist-description valid?

Post by metti »

Hello folks,
I have a problem with the Contentpart "filelist": I can't get the description valid (http://netzelf.de/downloads.phtml). When i fill in HTML-Specialchars they are replaced by the unencoded char when i save the CP.
Okay, no problem i thought: Then i'll use frontend_render to replace the chars with their HTML-equivalent.

Code: Select all

$special_decode = array("ä", "ö", "ü", "ß", "Ä", "Ö", "Ü");
$special_encode = array("ü", "ö", "ü", "&szlig", "Ä", "Ö", "Ü");
$content["all"] = str_replace($special_decode,$special_encode,$content["all"]);
But for a reason i don't know this does not work.

Has anybody a suggestion of how to get the description valid?
#GeorgeWBush { position:absolute; bottom:-6ft; }
update

Re: Get filelist-description valid?

Post by update »

Why do you think the description field doesn't put out valid code? Your example page is validating just fine - and I've been fiddling around with this CP just before... there seems to be no errors (V1351071205).
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
metti

Post by metti »

Hmmm. Maybe i should have done the validation before... But when i look into the generated sourcecode there are still ä and ü and such.
Strange
update

Post by update »

but the browsers are switching to the right enconding - iso in your case. Only when set to non-automatic it could show some ugly letters...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
metti

Post by metti »

Ahh. Think i understand now. Thank you