New article add problem

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
visionaire

New article add problem

Post by visionaire »

after a long and boring upgrade work 1.2.5 to 1.3.3 everything seems ok but i cannot add any article or new file or new file folder.also ftp takeover is not working

when i click the submit button progress bar moves slowly
after a loooong time , IE shows cannot display page. firefox shows blank screen.and theres no html source to view.

any suggestions ?
thx
achilehero

Re: New article add problem

Post by achilehero »

I know this is extremely old, but I am facing a similar problem. Any hints on that?
I am trying to replicate locally, on a wamp server, a hosted version of phpwcms. I know those are different versions of php and mysql (although I tried to keep them as close as possible) and I get those errors mentioned above.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

If you use older releases of phpwcms first use older PHP versions too. So PHP 5.5 and newer might fail or you have to enable error reporting to see what is going wrong.

Check to extend you local WAMP server by an older PHP version. PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3 should work well. Then do the upgrade.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
achilehero

Post by achilehero »

Maybe I didn't make myself very clear, so here are the details:

the phpwcms installation is new: phpwcms 1.8.6 (2017/02/09, r545).

I installed it on a hosting site which has LiteSpeed V6.8 server on it, php 5.6.14 and mysql 5.5.29
Aftwerwards, I tried to replicate that on my local machine, for development, with WAMP server 3.0.8, which has php 5.6.25 and mysql 5.5.39, but I get the errors from this topic after I import the database dump taken from the hosting.

And I don't know what could cause that.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hard to trace what is going wrong with your install. I guess backup wasn't done well, or config in your local system.

Empty content/tmp > delete *.tmp files in there. Login to the backend.

Check error messages. Ensure everything is UTF-8.

If possible take the lastest version of the master branch https://github.com/slackero/phpwcms/archive/master.zip – it says beta but is stable.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
achilehero

Post by achilehero »

My problem is solved.
The issue was related to the database. The one I created on local had a different collation than the one I tried to copy from the hosting server. So the issue was solved by deleting the local database and creating it with the same collation as the one on the server.

Thanks!