Turning an article into an image menu - having difficulties

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
shadow cup

Turning an article into an image menu - having difficulties

Post by shadow cup »

Well, basically using phpwcms as a front-page and having difficulties figuring out how to turn the intro screen into a menu in and of itself.

-----

I'm already guessing that the wysiwyg on v 1.1. RC4 is next to useless for this purpose (though corrections most welcome) and so I'm attempting this using html.

Stages:

1.) Create image files for the menu - done

2.) Upload image set using the file manager - done

3.) In article - edit front page and add wysiwyg section

4.) Copy location of image file and use it to 'use image' as in wysiwyg menu.

This is where it all goes wrong. Asks me for a password, even with 777 permission on image file, and fails to display it. I attempted the same with a random online image hosted on another site and it worked. I experienced the same difficultis trying again using other images.

Where am I going wrong? I haven't even gotten through to the difficulties of html. ~_~

Any help appreciated.
shadow cup

Post by shadow cup »

Ok I've figured it out - I've been given the wrong links to the images, so had to sort them manually.

Hint for whom it may prove useful. By use of a webpage and an image on the wysiwyg screen it becomes easy to turn that image into a link. Just look at how the link html works (yes, by enabling html mode), copy the (/a) to the end, remove the preceeding text that would likely no longer be necessary, and you have a link.

Hope that helps.
shadow cup

Post by shadow cup »

As a side-note, does anybody know how to define a particular icon for a website? The tiny one that sits right next to a link i.e.
ourpobox

Post by ourpobox »

You can generate one from an image file here:

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/

It gives instructions as well.

Greg
shadow cup

Post by shadow cup »

ourpobox wrote:You can generate one from an image file here:

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/

It gives instructions as well.

Greg