Data dont removs from database

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Stim

Data dont removs from database

Post by Stim »

Hi,

I just discover that if I remove article from admin, then it not remove from database. I have very large db so i just wonder what problem was and when I look at SQL database, I see there is all deleted article from long time back. I also test to remove everything, katalog and all articles in admin, but everything is still left in database?

Then I manually remove 625 article from database and created new article and that article shows in database as article 1. Then i remove that article from admin, but that article still left in database. Is this normal? I have for long time wonder why my database is have groves and is so bigg for nothing, and maybe this is the problem?

Is this normal if removed from admin, but still are left in database, table phpwcms_article ?
Stim

Post by Stim »

This is a big problem i suppose. I had 12mb database, and if I delete cashes then database are about 2mb. My questions do I delete all cashes, and if not what is good about it?

Then back to first post, I have to clean up my database on table phpwcms_article. I know I have about 350 articles but, database shows 625 field/ article on table phpwcms_article. Its seems to bee that admin don’t remove article on database, even if removed article disappear from admin, and this also affect database space I suppose.?
Stim

Post by Stim »

BUMP!

Is it realy only me with this database problem?
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Hi Stim,

when you delete articles from the backend (admin) you actually just "mark" them as removed in your database. So in the database it's your acontent_trash column in phpwcms_articlecontent table that marks 9 (0 if not deleted in admin).

It's not a problem you have, it's phpwcms that handles that way (nice if u have many users that contribute so if one makes a mistake you can always repost it, but a PITA if u have 300+ articles deleted).

There is a method to PERMANENTLY delete posts from backend/admin I remember seeing it ( but I don't remember where, must be in hacks and enhancements...? ).

So, if u make a little query in your database to select only fields marked with 9 in acontent_trash you don't need to do it 1 by 1 ...

Cheers
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »