MySQL and phpwcms_template (binary field) problem

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
Kosse

MySQL and phpwcms_template (binary field) problem

Post by Kosse »

Hi folks,
guess this is a question for some MySQL crack...

just moved a site made with 1.14 RC (...I know, I know, don't jump, just that I have no time to move to 1.2.6 and in addition site will be changed completely soon ... in... eeer 6 months?...) from a server (too slow) to another host (infomaniak.ch)
The mysql db dumped well, I have like 10 sites running with that host.

All went fine, except the templates...
The problem:
in table phpwcms_template , the template_var (the mediumBLOB binary filed) doesn't "work", so my templates in backend are... empty.

Wich is a p* in the ass cose all I have is the sql dumped file.
So, it looks like this:
INSERT INTO `phpwcms_template` VALUES (1,'Essai',0,'a:13:{s:2:\"id\";i:1;s:7:\"default\";i:0;s:6:\"layout\";i:1;s:4:\"name\";s:5:\"Essai\";s:3:\"css\";s:12:\"frontend.css\";s:8:\"htmlhead\";s:15:\"Essai de header\";s:8:\"jsonload\";s:0:\"\";s:10:\"headertext\";s:21:\"Il n\'y a pas d\'entete\";s:8:\"maintext\";s:15:\"Test principal\";s:10:\"footertext\";s:20:\"pied de page de test\";s:8:\"lefttext\";s:13:\"à gauche test\";s:9:\"righttext\";s:13:\"à droite test\";s:9:\"errortext\";s:14:\"erreur de test\";}',9);
I know I can manually edit it and remove all the \ and try to make it look like html and then just copy paste.
The problem is I have 20 templates... and much bigger as the one posted here.
Does anyone know a quick way to fix this? Guess has to do with the fact it is BINARY and MySQL never liked ; " '

Thanks in advance, would REALLY appreciate if someone knew something about this... my eternal gratitude to him
Still, I will make the changes on the w-e if no one has a clue for this.

Cheers
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

Ok,
so I guess there is no solution for this...
I'll do it by hand. :(

I still would like to know why that happened?

Cheers
kiwix

Post by kiwix »

Hello,

just a quick question to this.

How did you make the sql dump?

I've had somethimes problems with mySQL export/dumps and imports.

It was always a good thing to play with the options from mysqldump or phpMyAdmin. Maybe there's an option to disallow the quoting.

If this playing with options won't work, I only can tell you to try notepad++ from sourceforge :cry:

Cheers
KiWiX
Kosse

Post by Kosse »

kiwix wrote:Hello,

just a quick question to this.

How did you make the sql dump?

I've had somethimes problems with mySQL export/dumps and imports.

It was always a good thing to play with the options from mysqldump or phpMyAdmin. Maybe there's an option to disallow the quoting.

If this playing with options won't work, I only can tell you to try notepad++ from sourceforge :cry:

Cheers
KiWiX
Hi kiwix,

I just dumped the sql db with the export option in phpMyAdmin, then unfortunately, thinking I had made a nice backup (and not worrying because I had others) I said to my host: ok, you can remove it :(
Problem: all my backups had the same issue... :?
I indeed used notepad++ to edit the files btw ;)

Cheers