Calendar Module development

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
nebenaube

Re: Calendar Module development

Post by nebenaube »

Sigh... I guess I'll go back and implement ionrock's version. I just upgraded to 1.3.9 and got excited but I don't see how to use this in the front yet.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

There is only a rough frontend solution at the moment - but not public yet.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Here's an idea... (so I don't have to do it... just kidding) but can we have optional support for google mapping the event's venue (location)?
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

hmm, nice, good idea!

I would post it here: http://forum.phpwcms.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15818
needs more details then...
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

Hi, I just downloaded 1.3.9 r182... I don't see where the changelog.txt was updated. I will be implementing this version today. Is this the much awaited Calendar release?
Cipolla

Post by Cipolla »

nope, no final calendar inside. The calendar is working (visual and DB) in the backend but there is no frontend solution ready. I took a deeper look in the calendar core files and noticed, that there is a frontend RT that simply gets the infos for the calendar from an ini file.

This is the rough frontend solution (i use r179):

***** THIS IS NOT PUBLIC - ONLY EXPERIMENTAL! ********

first activate calendar.php from frontend_render/disabled

make a new cp text with rt -> {CALENDAR}

find: /template/calendar/calendar.ini

format of ini i.e.:

Code: Select all

[200805]
20 = "http://www.google.de _blank"
First line [Year / Month]
Second line: day = link _target

Take a look into the source code, there you will find the calendar tables with css-classes, so you can fully customize the output.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Cipolla wrote:...This is the rough frontend solution (i use r179)...
That fe rendering has nothing to do with the calendar module.

But check out my beginning - just a class:
20080519_calendar_dev.zip
Dev calendar class and fe render script
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
You can see it in action here:
http://www.iba-stadtumbau.de/index.php?news-aktuell
http://www.iba-stadtumbau.de/index.php?kalender

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Cipolla

Post by Cipolla »

That fe rendering has nothing to do with the calendar module.
yes, i know. maybe it wasn´t clear enough. i just wanted to point out that there is a working (mini)-calender inside. i thought this fe rendering is new, but now i see this is also existing in earlier versions :oops:

shame on me :wink:

btw.:
But check out my beginning - just a class:

20080519_calendar_dev.zip
THIS is looking very interesting!
Sauerwald

Post by Sauerwald »

Hi Oliver,

es wäre super wenn Du noch ein paar Hinweise zum Kalendermodul geben könntest.

Das was Du da gemacht hast ist sehr schön und hat in Mir größes Interesse geweckt.

Danke

Markus
santscho

Post by santscho »

Okay, have now {CALENDAR} in a html content part. Now, the calendar appears like a calendar. Nice!
But can not see the entries i made in the backend under modules -> "Calendar/Event". Anyway, if I edit a entry, there is a field called "Calendar:" Do I have to fill in something there, that I can see the entry in my calendar?

the calendar on iba-stadtbaum looks also interesting. all events are listed as text. would be great if it's possible to have both possibilites (calendar view and text view).

is "20080519_calendar_dev.zip" already included (last snapshot)?

Shall I use the Qcal module instead of the mod of OG? The problem is, that I really dont like too many 3rd party tools and hacks. Anyway, I cant understand, that people building mods and adds for an open source project and they make the own distribution. for example the JW mediaplayer and image rotator. It would be much more confortable if this two modules would become a official part of phpwcms. Also the existing shop hack.

Here a big thank you for all developers of phpwcms and all the modules and hacks. I would not be able to do something like this and i am very thankful to have such "brains" like you. Please let me know, if i can do something for you i am really able to do (3D-logo, photo composition.....).
Schon Konfuzius sagte: "Sei kein YAML-Lappen". YAML-phpwcms-Integration auf http://www.yaml.phpwcms.org
update

Post by update »

santscho wrote:..... Also the existing shop hack....
This has been some work done by marcus and Jürgen and me (and ooops! there has been money involved too!)

Nevertheless I'd like to share that (in spite of the fact that no one will honor back some penuncies ;) ) - there have been integrated some custom paid enhancements already in the past and the question is: would you do the same - share your (paid) work for --- nothing ?
One great example coming into my mind - it's Breitsch with his wonderful map module (you know, that I'm a little part of it too - having been growing up to a huge test station these 8) times ) just asking for some donation and nothing else...

But rest assured: If OG will do some take over you'll get it - sooner or later :lol:

PS: Same goes for my forum integration (btw it's running like hell in some real life installations 8) :D ), which has been done by some weeks of work invested (Jürgen and Jensensen and others involved too...)..
Tip: If some idea is hovering through your brain - why not get it done by paying somebody and offering it here as a contribution and some payback to the community?

PPS: This moment I'm realizing that your mourning posting made me feel some kind of angry, so I'll better stop now and get some baldrian pills or some meditation :lol:

PPS: Sorry - didn't read your very last sentences, So it's not meant for you espeially anymore, but for whom it may concern ;)
I'll come back on this offer - to be sure ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
nebenaube

Post by nebenaube »

If I could pay... I would. Unfortunately all our jobs went to India and my family has to eat first. I will and have stared, searched and dug through the code for defects. I have found one defect in this module and subsequently reported it. I will continue to do so.

I see there is a transitional rewrite in progress and the core code has not stabilized on the latest approach so for me to be actively adding code is the same as just adding more confusion.
santscho

Post by santscho »

Hallo Claus
Ich schreibe kurz in deutsch zurück. Vielen Dank für dein ehrliches Posting. Ich verstehe Deinen Standpunkt durchaus. Und sobald die PayPal-Funktion in eurem Shop-Hack für den Einsatz bereit ist, werde ich mit das Teil reinziehen (natürlich werde ich spenden). Halte uns auf dem Laufenden.
Tip: If some idea is hovering through your brain - why not get it done by paying somebody and offering it here as a contribution and some payback to the community?
Ich habe einige Ideen im Kopf, die ich gerne als Modul/CP verwirklichen möchte. Doch leider fehlen mir die finanziellen Mittel, um einen Programmierer anzuheuern. Zum Beispiel habe ich im Netz einen Online-QuickJump-Menü-Generator gefunden. Dieser erstellt ein Dropdown-Feld und ein Go-Button. Ich habe dieses Menü im Einsatz, muss aber im html-cp die Artikel-Alias manuell eintragen. Dynamisch und als CP wäre das natürlich genial. :-)

Wegen Teamwork und so: Habe Jürgen (DF6IH) auch schon mal den Vorschlag gemacht, auf seiner YAML-How-To-Seite mitzuwirken. Diese benötigt dringend ein bisschen "Pfeffer". Ich bin von der Zusammenarbeit phpwcms und YAML sehr überzeugt. Mittlerweile sind alle meine phpwcms-Seiten YAML basiert, habe sogar ältere auf YAML umgestellt und meine Erfahrungen, die ich dabei sammeln durfte, wären sicher hilfreich für die phpwcms-Gemeinde. "Ja, können wir machen" war die Antwort, aber bis Heute ist Jürgen nicht auf mich zugekommen. (Jürgen, falls Du dieses Posting liest, ich bin immer noch an einer Zusammenarbeit sehr interessiert!).

Grüsse
Ralph
Schon Konfuzius sagte: "Sei kein YAML-Lappen". YAML-phpwcms-Integration auf http://www.yaml.phpwcms.org
juergen

Post by juergen »

Senor Santscho ... du kriegst einen admin account.... ich sagte dir bereits, dass ich die Art und Weise wie YAMLchens dieses CVMS ignorieren mit der gleichen Ignoranz beantworte und daran hat sich bisher nichts geändert... Es gibt noch sehr viele schöne CSS Frameworks ....
macangelo

Post by macangelo »

Hi Senor DF6IH

we are a little off-topic in the meantime - nevertheless - would you share your sourced of CSS Frameworks? I would be very interested.

Thanks a lot

macangelo
Webdesign from Düsseldorf - made with phpwcms (most of it):
http://eyelikeit.com/index.php?de_beispiele-webdesign